Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
That looks to be totally goosed unfortunately.

Easiest fix would be to find a matched set of ecu, bsi and key, but you would be well advised to try find out what caused that sort of extreme damage first.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Hi guy would anyone know if this could be repaired or has it done too much damage. This has been the cause of many electrical faults I've got. And I even smelled the burnt puff it gave off . Thank you.
At a glance I'd say not completely beyond hope, but it depends on what's under/in that crusty mess by the blow-out and how much electrical violence the other chips were subjected to w/o any external signs. Worst case, they're all dead.

Also, are the chip even available? If any processor or memory, is the content?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've had an earth fault with both rear light clusters. My indicators was working intermittently. I'm wondering if that was the cause.?

·
6,277 Posts
That looks like major high current short or reverse voltage damage to the chip.

If you are looking to repair maybe easier to source same BSI and swap or clone EEPROM from your board

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've just sorced another BSI,ECU and key kit from the same car so fingers crossed ? Thank you all for your advice much appreciated.?

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
Mileage will change when you plug it in no way round that really may not be an issue but you should be aware that whatever has highest miles will become your mileage

·
Registered
4,782 Posts
Hi guy would anyone know if this could be repaired or has it done too much damage. This has been the cause of many electrical faults I've got. And I even smelled the burnt puff it gave off . Thank you.
another option is depending on model someone like me could read memory chip from bsi and copy it onto a used bsi and it will be plug and play also could possibility get the pin code at the same time

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I've now fitted anther BSI ECU my rear light faults are all good now but I have an issue with my headlights band side lights. My side lights are on when the stalk says off when I put the side lights on the stalk the head lights come on and then when I click to head lights they go off. I think the ECU and BSI came from a Pug with auto lights could this be the problem?

·
6,277 Posts
Yes you need to tweak the BSi configuration with planet/diagbox to reflect the equipment fitted to your car, and as above they need to code the radio with the new BSI VIN.

DO NOT on any account change VIN in the replacement BSI

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thank you. I've noticed now that my cruise control and limiter is not working. Obviously this will be to do with the same reason?

·
Registered
648 Posts
Yes, just needs some config changes using Planet. Do you have that? If not where in Essex are you? May be able to help out.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts