Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi
could you tell me please if the bsi really can only be coded once as people are selling them on ebay without the ecu and transponder, i need to get this airbag issue nipped in the bud but dont want to waste money, new is 330 + vat at my local dealer where they range from £75 on ebay, i have pp200 and can code it but just need good advice

D

·
0 Posts
Secondhand bsi's cant be reused without engine ecu and keys from donor vehicle. Unless you get it virginised.

Sent from my GT-S5690

·
5,863 Posts
You can get the secondhand BSI reflashed to virginize or some places can swap the flash chip from the U/S BSI to the replacement unit there are a few remapping or diagnostics companies that offer the services

or ECU-Testing or BBA-Reman should be able to repair your existing BSI for a resonable (compaired to dealer) price

·
Registered
31 Posts
bsi

i spoke to bba a couple of weeks ago and the said they would do a bsi repair for 140 pluse 20 for handling charge and they have it back to you with in a week .. is it deffo your bsi unit ?

·
5,863 Posts
i spoke to bba a couple of weeks ago and the said they would do a bsi repair for 140 pluse 20 for handling charge and they have it back to you with in a week .. is it deffo your bsi unit ?
They also test them first and if no fault is found return and charge a £40.00 for admin and postage costs

D

·
0 Posts
Above posts are incorrect, I have a bsi from another car in mine, all I needed was the key so the rcl would work, still use my original blade.

Just watch your mileage.
Thats not possible unless its de-immo'd. The BSIs are matched to the engine ecus. So you'd have had to fit the engine ecu also.

Sent from my GT-S5690

1 - 13 of 13 Posts