Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK I give up. Following Haynes manual for removal of the BSI and the glove box is removed and I have turned the fuse box white heads 90 deg anti clock wise and it moved a tiny amount and I cannot get it to move any further. How far should it move. It cannot go too far as the support that it fits in is non removable but should it abut that? If so what is stopping it moving? Haynes then goes on about lowering the rear of the BSI but it is in a cam arrangement so how does that work?

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Following my failure on getting the BSI out (still awaiting help lads!!) I decided to swap my instrument cluster with a one I got off a member of the forum. Straight forward job as I had already had it out and taken apart to see if the warning led for the engine icon could be replaced but not in my skill set. So I carried out the procedure prior to disconnecting the battery then removed the original and wired in the replacement. Taking the necessary steps on connecting the battery I switched on and the dash went daft with warnings that would not stop. The mileage only showed dashes so I reversed the procedure and refitted the original. All good except that now it displays the mileage of the donor car which was 164,218! Only 71,764 more than mine!
Peugeot, they beggar belief!

·
Registered
5,906 Posts
Yep - it does that. The mileage is stored in both the BSI and the instrument cluster. Replacing either of them results in the higher mileage being stored in the unit with the lower mileage. Swapping them back doesn't reverse the process rather the unit with the lower mileage that was originally taken out will also get overwritten with the higher mileage. This is done to prevent the cars being clocked by temporarily fitting a 'spare' low mileage unit. Lots of people have done similar only to discover their cars odometer has jumped up 100k.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts