Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello , i need to reboot BSI to repair some fault,,

I want to clarify points 5,6,7,9 in the following steps ,, my comments in Red

Before sending the unit try the BSI Reset procedure as this may cure your faults:
1- Put the driver's window down, lift the bonnet and ensure all equipment is switched off.

2- Ensure all doors are closed and remove key from the ignition.

3- Wait for 3 minutes, disconnect the vehicle battery and wait 15 seconds.

4- Reconnect the vehicle battery, wait a further 10 seconds (do not open doors.).

5- Switch on the side lights through the driver's window.

The side lights are the flashing lifgt when i turn left or right ? the button with triangle ? or which button ?

6- Switch on the ignition and check system's functionality.

Does it mean to put key and turn it for steps only with out turning on the engine ? then i check the system functionality from screen with the buttons in the cassette ?

7- Hold lock button on key down for 10 seconds.

which one is this button ? the one beside the trinagle button which lock all the car doors ?

8- Remove key open & close door test central locking system.

9- Start the engine and complete the system's check.

how to make system check ?

Failure to follow this procedure could result in incorrect operation of many BSI related items.

·
Registered
406 Posts
step 5-just turn your lights on to the first setting on the stalk,

step 6-turn ignition on (not starting it) and check interior lights etc work

step 7 ,8 ,9 refer to the key mate-it just re initialises the remote so hold the lock button on the key while in the ignition.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
for step 7

you i inset the key and start the ignition without starting the Motor ,, then i press the lock button "10 sec" while the key is inside ?

·
Registered
2 Posts
step 5-just turn your lights on to the first setting on the stalk,

step 6-turn ignition on (not starting it) and check interior lights etc work

step 7 ,8 ,9 refer to the key mate-it just re initialises the remote so hold the lock button on the key while in the ignition.
our key button is bust, does anyone know, does this mean we cannot re-set the bsi?

·
Registered
5,945 Posts
Just means that you won't be able to sync the rolling code for the remote locking. But seeing as the button is bust you won't be able to use the remote locking anyway so nothing lost.

·
Registered
33 Posts
This might seem a bit mad but, how do you know if this has succeded? I.E. is there any indication from the led/dash screens?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts