Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In order to utilise PP2000 to its maximum (e.g. recoding keys), I need to be able to extract the BSI pin from my Pugs. I've downloaded a couple of PSA calculators & ECU dump progs but the two USB-OBD2 cables I have (one is Lexia3) aren't recognised.

Does anyone have/know of a correct USB-OBD2 cable which works with any PIN calculator/decoded software please?

Thanks.

·
6,778 Posts
Which progs did you download.

Most require a custom cable, jtag or similar interface to read eeprom in BSI there is also a known issue with some cheap tools bricking the BSI.

Sent from my SM-T830 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Which progs did you download.

Most require a custom cable, jtag or similar interface to read eeprom in BSI there is also a known issue with some cheap tools bricking the BSI.
Thanks for that. As a trial, I got PSA Calculator by TMW Electroics (it's the ECU dump prog) - cheap and not very cheerful - and it came with Arbrites .bin reader to extract the PIN.

I'm looking at eBay item # 253286499066 which provides a selection of cheapies (can't post URL 'cos I'm still a baby). :rolleyes:

How do jtags interface? Not used them before.

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
You can get a tool that reads the pin from the BSI for later cars i have it and it works fine but early cars are harder to read

·
Registered
4,785 Posts
I have a machine for sale £250 plus postage, I'm a vehicle locksmith by the way, nothing wrong with it just I bought other machines that also do peugeot so no longer need this one, if car has full can on obd (about 2006+) it will work down obd if not full can then you clamp onto can wires on ecu.

·
Registered
1 Posts
You guys are crazy reading pin codes with cheap kit.
Even expensive kit goes wrong sometimes - i know cos iam an auto locksmith who uses the best!

Check out the web - buggered up BSIs everywhere.

·
Registered
4,785 Posts
Your not the only locksmith on here, i have avdi zed full truecode smart pro tango orange5 ...........

Yes you are correct some cheap stuff and even expensive stuff can break things

If you have a backup of the file and have the knowledge then it can be repaired, even if you dont have a backup you could load virgin file and reprogram as though its a new part

Sometimes soldering skill are needed but then i did work for an electronics company for a number of years, so taking a processor off a board is nothing for me and i can even do it in back of my van onsite

1 - 10 of 10 Posts