Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so I was going to get a bsi blanked and reprogramed to my ecu but Peugeot says I need the code which I don't have for the car . but when I went in to it with pp2000 it told me the ecu was unlocked . so I think its been changed before . my question is if I got a ecu / bsi /bsm key fob and transponder from another car can I swap it over or is the diesel pump and things coded to the the ecu and everything . its on a 307 2.o hdi 110

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well it doesn't show unlocked it says is . When you go into parameters it says it's the wrong ecu for the vin number . So if my bsi is faulty and i need a code to link a blank one to the ECU and reprogram it .I need the security code for the ECU Peugeot can't get it by using my vin number or find it

Sent from my Hudl HT7S3 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
1, if you are swapping you only need ecu bsi and key head (or chip if none remote) all off same car with matching details

2, if you put it on planet if the bsi has not lost its settings then you will get the vin number when it connects, you could then use this vin number to get the security code

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
1, if you are swapping you only need ecu bsi and key head (or chip if none remote) all off same car with matching details

2, if you put it on planet if the bsi has not lost its settings then you will get the vin number when it connects, you could then use this vin number to get the security code

when you say matching details as in 307 2.0 hdi 110 or the part numbers codes ?
what even if the ecu has been changed before . because planet says the ecu doesn't match the vin number. the problem is the rear wiper keeps going on its own when the keys not in the ignition or anyone touching the stalks and when I put it on it keeps going and the bsi is making a fast clicking noise . the passenger window opened the other day and I have been out the next day to a opened car knowing I have locked it

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
when you say matching details as in 307 2.0 hdi 110 or the part numbers codes ?
what even if the ecu has been changed before . because planet says the ecu doesn't match the vin number. the problem is the rear wiper keeps going on its own when the keys not in the ignition or anyone touching the stalks and when I put it on it keeps going and the bsi is making a fast clicking noise . the passenger window opened the other day and I have been out the next day to a opened car knowing I have locked it
does the car start?

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
can anyone tell me how to get the security code using planet . because I can use planet to virginize a old ecu and reprogram it but I need the code to link them

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Now your answering the question of what is actually wrong sort of

If your car starts whats the problem !!

For it to start the ecu and bsi ARE MATCHED
that's what I thought . but as soon as I go to read live parameters it says the ecu don't match the vin and do I want to carry on ? .

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
Now your answering the question of what is actually wrong sort of

If your car starts whats the problem !!

For it to start the ecu and bsi ARE MATCHED
not 100% correct as the ecu could have been flashed with a file to set the ecu to run, in other words bypassing the immobilizer

way to test this take the pcb out of the key if its a flip key and try start with it removed if it starts then it has been bypassed or if its none flip key take chip out of corner and try start

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
can anyone tell me how to get the security code using planet . because I can use planet to virginize a old ecu and reprogram it but I need the code to link them
you can not extract the security code with planet!

i can extract the security number depending on year down the obd or from the 2 can wires from the ecu or i can read the processor chip in the bsi and extract it from that

you can get it from some members on here from vin number (from the dealers)

·
Registered
14,604 Posts
NO YOU CANNOT !!

you have a problem with your BSI not your ecu you seem to think your ecu is wrong when its not if the car runs

It no doubt says something along the lines of wrong ecu being referenced do you wish to continue this does not mean the ecu is wrong its to do with your planet version !!

You need to do a bit more research a BSI reset may fix your issues !!

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
I am worried the bsi is failing and I can't sort it out . Peugeot has stopped getting them and said I need to find a blank one that matches mine and they can reprogram it to my ecu . but they need my passcode card which I don't have . plus it seem like the ecu has already been changed and it doesn't match my vin number so they can't match it ?

I have tried a bsi reset . how do I fix my planet version if it's that . I am using 7.49

it definitely say the ecu does not match the vin number

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
I am worried the bsi is failing and I can't sort it out . Peugeot has stopped getting them and said I need to find a blank one that matches mine and they can reprogram it to my ecu . but they need my passcode card which I don't have . plus it seem like the ecu has already been changed and it doesn't match my vin number so they can't match it ?

I have tried a bsi reset
whats the 96 number on your bsi, some of them i can read and then flash that to a second hand bsi and no need to program

it sound like you have water getting on your bsi so you need to fix that before you fix the fault with the bsi otherwise it will happen again

·
Registered
14,604 Posts
not 100% correct as the ecu could have been flashed with a file to set the ecu to run, in other words bypassing the immobilizer
Yes but point im trying to get across is he does not really seem to know what he is on about !!

His full ECU set may well be wrong as in replaced but thats not a problem as you know and its his BSI with the issue but he thinks his ecu is the problem !

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
you can not extract the security code with planet!

i can extract the security number depending on year down the obd or from the 2 can wires from the ecu or i can read the processor chip in the bsi and extract it from that

you can get it from some members on here from vin number (from the dealers)
it's a 2002 model and the garages here using snap on gear don't work on it or my mates obd reader . that's why I brought planet . I spent £60 in one garage to try and read and clear faults and failed and £115 in another with same results

1 - 20 of 33 Posts