Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was called to look at a 52 plate 2.0 hdi 307 this morning, was told it had a sudden failure of the HP fuel pump which was changed. now it wont start on PP2000 it finds the bsi with faults and the engine ecu with faults, but the multi funtion display, air bag, steering control, drivers and passanger module, radio and instruments ecu are all coming back as no response, all fuses and earths have been checked, and most of the components they control work if you do a accuator test. it turns over but no lights on dash or controls work any ideas?

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
the fuses are all fine and all the earths all the faults codes in the bsi relate to the non reponse with the various ecu's and the engine ecu has HP on rail on inigtion the things i couldnt get to work on the accuator test were the intrument cluster, horn, front and rear washers and front electric windows

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
no beeping but none of the ecu's are replying cam and crank are sync'd have been told the car was working fine until HP fuel pump failed peugeot replaced pump and told customer it needed an additional £2100 of work to start

·
Registered
14,527 Posts
No beeping means key is not recognised sounds like the HP pump was not the issue :)

you need to try recoding the key you need an access code for that its 4 digits should be with the car if not Betty will get you it :)

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i thought the transponder only unlocked the immobiliser the car should still display lights on the dash even with the wrong transponder, even in eco mode you will still get a response from the ecu's, or am i being thick

·
Registered
14,527 Posts
Yes but if immobiliser is not unlocking the car will not go and will not come out of economy mode you need to get it running first then see what else is wrong :)

You want it to run not be your girlfriend :)

·
Registered
14,527 Posts
Yes it could be and that may have been the cause of the engine stopping in the first place :)

Without trying to code the key your not going to know for sure

Go into bsi and check for keys see if they are coded see if they are recognised see if it is unlocking the engine ecu

You need to go through each option on these every one is different my bet is the old pump was fine and the dealer wants to replace the bsi ecu keys everything to hopefully fix it :)

·
11,766 Posts
The AA and a garage tried to write off a local 306 owner's HP fuel pump - both did diagnostics showing fault codes pointing to the HP fuel system.

Turned out to be a sticking lift pump in the tank.

Total cost - hitting it with a hammer.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I have had three cases over the last year of non starts all looked at by rac aa etal and in all cases the keys had been lost by the bsi for one reason or another.
If you don't get the "bong bong bong" with keys in the ignition and drivers door open first thing to check is whether the key codes are still programmed, this can save a lot of time and effort looking for problems that don't exist.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thank you for all the replies I'll double check the keys assigned first from what the owner has said about the history of the car they were travelling at 70 on a motorway when the HP pump seized solid and tore the belt off

1 - 19 of 19 Posts