Peugeot Forums banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Of course the fuse for Tire Inflation is all the way up here and almost impossible to reach, but I`ll give it a try. I was also wondering about the Shunt fuse yesterday and checked the position, it is on the client position.

·
Registered
905 Posts
Of course the fuse for Tire Inflation is all the way up here and almost impossible to reach, but I`ll give it a try. I was also wondering about the Shunt fuse yesterday and checked the position, it is on the client position.
Sometimes when there is a faulty ECU on the CAN bus is can cause a problem on the whole bus. Rather than trying to access the fuse it might be easier to unplug the ECU (7600). It appears to be at the back of the car see attachment.

It might be worth taking the shunt out to make sure it has continuity and also try moving it to the other position and see what happens. The pre-delivery position should only disable a few items while the ignition is off.

Attachments

·
Registered
905 Posts
I looked a bit more closely at the shunt and most if not all your faults seemed to be linked to the shunt. I also note that it's very close to one of the fuses you worked on. My guess is although it's in the correct position I suspect it's not making proper contact. If it's not making proper contact the following will not work:
Deflation detection ECU
Some switches under the steering wheel- communication unit
Some item associated with the other passenger compartment fuse box
Telematic ECU if fitted
Alarm if fitted
Brake light switch (this would explain why the brake lights are on all the time)
ESP ECU if fitted

I would pull the shunt out and have a look at it to see if it has been hot. If you put it in the pre-delivery position everything should still work when the ignition is on.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Tried to check it the other day with a fuse tester and it was giving me the green light. Can try to put it in the other position.
Thanks again Ian for your time! Really appreciate it!

·
Registered
905 Posts
Tried to check it the other day with a fuse tester and it was giving me the green light. Can try to put it in the other position.
Thanks again Ian for your time! Really appreciate it!
The problem has me quite intrigued.

It will be interested know what happens if you move the shunt because most of the faulty ECUs seem to get their power via the shunt. If I am right removing the shunt completely should make no difference to the faults.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
I was thinking the same the other day and was checking if it was okey with a fuse tester. But I’ll give it another try and maybe see with ny voltmeter when the car is off

·
Registered
905 Posts
I was thinking the same the other day and was checking if it was okey with a fuse tester. But I’ll give it another try and maybe see with ny voltmeter when the car is off
I think the shunt itself should be okay. Some people call it a fuse but I think it's just a link. If there is a problem with the shunt it's more likely to be the contacts it plugs into in the BSI or a dry solder joint in the BSI.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Well I tired to put the Shunt in parc-mode and went to the store knowing the sentral lock wouldnt work, what I didnt know was that the lock on my driverdoor had frozen and I almost had to call car rescue to open the door for me.. But yeah, had the same faults and break light always on.

·
Registered
905 Posts
I am not sure how you managed to lock yourself out. I had assumed you would have had to open the car to move the shunt. However, that was useful because it tells us the fuses associated with the shunt are getting power.

There is one last thing worth doing - try removing fuse 12. If the brake lights still stay on it will confirm that there is a problem with the BSI. The BSI controls the brake lights. The switch only provides a signal to the BSI.

EDIT
I see fuse 12 is difficult to reach so you could try taking the shunt out instead.

Attachments

·
Registered
905 Posts
I think two of your problems are quite important:
(i) Brake lights
(ii) Oil pressure regulator - this may be a real fault. There are very few details on your engine (DV6FC) in my old installed version of PSA ServiceBox but I can see that there is more information on the current online version of ServiceBox (Service Box ) and there is a procedure to change the oil pressure solenoid. The other 1.6HDi (DV6C) only shows a oil pressure sensor/switch.

If you want to look into this anyone can register for servicebox but they now charge to access any documents.

Rectangle Font Screenshot Parallel Software

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Thanks Ian. I had a deal with myself that if I hadnt fixed it by the weekend I had to call the workshop. So am going to leave the car there tomorrow and they will have a look at it when they got the time. My appointment isnt before next week but they are going to take it in if they got the time. Gonna update you when I hear from them!

·
Registered
905 Posts
Thanks Ian. I had a deal with myself that if I hadnt fixed it by the weekend I had to call the workshop. So am going to leave the car there tomorrow and they will have a look at it when they got the time. My appointment isnt before next week but they are going to take it in if they got the time. Gonna update you when I hear from them!
I think that is wise. Driving with the brake light problem was a bit risky.

I suspect the oil regulator fault is not related to the work you did on the BSI. Edit. There was a Peugeot technical bulletin about P15A4 which requires an update to the ECU software via the PSA server - see TSB Access.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts