Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I keep looking at these on service box, what are the differences between the different BSI units? Since fitting the a Pioneer navi unit to replace my old OEM navi unit, I really miss the central dash display and would love to get it back. I'm wondering if there any differences between BSI units (mine 2004 in a 1.6 petrol) or whether a different dash loom would get back the central display.....

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
I keep looking at these on service box, what are the differences between the different BSI units? Since fitting the a Pioneer navi unit to replace my old OEM navi unit, I really miss the central dash display and would love to get it back. I'm wondering if there any differences between BSI units (mine 2004 in a 1.6 petrol) or whether a different dash loom would get back the central display.....
the only thing that will get back the central display is fit the original stereo back in

·
Registered
5,904 Posts
I saw this before I decided to fit the system:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9n-PJn1V_k

I wonder what he did to get his screen back:confused:
From what I could see on that video - his display works BUT doesn't display anything from the head unit. If you display doesn't work at all then you have done something to stop it displaying. Replacing the factory unit with a third party unit will only stop information from the head unit but all other information like time, date, temperature and messages should be unaffected.

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
From what I could see on that video - his display works BUT doesn't display anything from the head unit. If you display doesn't work at all then you have done something to stop it displaying. Replacing the factory unit with a third party unit will only stop information from the head unit but all other information like time, date, temperature and messages should be unaffected.
I can confirm that, I just presumed the display was working

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hence my question, mine is dead, nothing on it at all. I've tried all the different interface kits from different suppliers. I even spoke to Connects 2 who said that they don't do a kit for my car (I took out an old navi/telephone/radio head unit that wasn't working properly), the local pug dealer played with it for a while to try and get it working but without success.

Hence my question about BSI differences, if they are essentially all the same and just the loom needs to be replaced and the changes using planet, then I'll give it a go....just struggling with the choice or what to look out for when trawling around at scrappys.

I can't believe that pug would use a different protocol for the cars (navi vs non-navi/ quad lock vs iso plugs) and so am hoping a different loom will sort it, but then you never know :nono:

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I've been trawling through Autodata and Service box. It appears the BSI and Comms on the steering column would remain the same. It appears as though I would need a new fascia harness and a new dash display.

I'd appreciate some opinions as to which ones I am likely to need, this is what I have so far

Current fascia 6565XO New fascia 6565PP?

Current display 6563YQ New display 6563YS?

Current BSI 6580HS

Current Comms unit 6242F9 (edit, think new comms unit 6242 72 or RP6242 J5 may be needed)

The car is fitted with climate control and as mentioned previously, it had radio/telephone/navi system

Also, how does the RPO number equate to the VIN?? (ah...build code!)

Many thanks:thumb:

·
Registered
5,904 Posts
Hence my question, mine is dead, nothing on it at all. I've tried all the different interface kits from different suppliers. I even spoke to Connects 2 who said that they don't do a kit for my car (I took out an old navi/telephone/radio head unit that wasn't working properly), the local pug dealer played with it for a while to try and get it working but without success.

Hence my question about BSI differences, if they are essentially all the same and just the loom needs to be replaced and the changes using planet, then I'll give it a go....just struggling with the choice or what to look out for when trawling around at scrappys.

I can't believe that pug would use a different protocol for the cars (navi vs non-navi/ quad lock vs iso plugs) and so am hoping a different loom will sort it, but then you never know :nono:
If the display is dead then no interface cable will get it displaying info. The display should still show time etc even without a radio. I'd suspect either the power is missing or the display is toast.

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
If the display is dead then no interface cable will get it displaying info. The display should still show time etc even without a radio. I'd suspect either the power is missing or the display is toast.
I had a session with a multimeter, looking at the quad lock face on, I can trace the 5 wires from the central display to the following pins:

small socket on lower left, pins: 3, 4 and 6
Big socket upper left, pins: 12 and 15

With the adapter I have there are some missing connections and I suspect, the small socket carries the the data bus but are not connected using the ISO to quad adapter I currently have.....need to look further.

Swapping in the old head unit brings the screen back and the stalk controls, even though I have tried a connects2/pioneer stalk adapter with patch cable

Gonna see if I can find an older loom and have a look I think.... would love to crack this:nod:

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Its what I conclude now. I'm going to try and identify which loom I need to fit to give me the connections I need and I just ordered what I think is the display I need from ebay for 25 euros....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts