Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2003 307sw had 119k

Popped clock off to repair a needle that had fallen off and noticed an airbag light had been pulled off the clock to cover up an airbag fault

Bought a used clock from scrap yard only for the millage to pop up to 180k

Have since learned that the millage is stored both in the cluster and the bsi and will display and save whichever is higher.

Needless to say putting old clock in it stilk shows 180k

Any way to revert it back to correct millage?
Can I get a used bsi unit and clock and transponder and swap will that work or will ecu need changing also?

I'm going to unplug the cluster,
Follow the bsi reset procedure with the cluster off and then plug in the original 119k cluster

Will doing this work or pissing against the wind,

And finally can Peugeot planet correct millage?

All advice appreciated

·
Registered
14,628 Posts
You are stuffed now the mileage is going to be retained regardless what you try

It can be reset by mileage correction software but its not cheap

If you fit a full ecu bsi and dash cluster with key etc from another car with lower miles this would work but its hard to get low mileage stuff.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What special tools would be required to blank the bsi?
I'm building up my collection,
Have already looked at the milage correction tools and their on the list to get

·
Registered
101 Posts
i have just changed bsi and ecu on a low miles 307 and the miles shot up to 138k ! cost me a £100 to get it put back to the original , it involves getting at the bsi and unsoldering one of the chips ditto with the clocks it cannot be done with software alone
i am sure some one in your area should be offering that service

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
to virginise a bsi you either take the chip off or use in service programming, some units dont have diodes in them so you need to take chip off, you would need the programmer to do this and also the virgin file to write back to it

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Decided over the weekend that the milage can just stay wrong,
Its our family car now and being a 2003 we'll just drive it till she dies and add it to my collection of cars for breaking when time comes,

I did manage to find a guy breaking a 1.6sw 2003 with 119k and wanted 50euro / 40sterling for the complete clocks/bsi/ecu and transponder chip if anyone else wanted one

Thanks anyway guys

1 - 10 of 10 Posts