Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi , im not sure what the correct name for it is as I've heard some call it the BSI and some call it the BCM.

I have found that my unit is faulty, so about a week ago i bought a 2nd hand one off Ebay to use, as i was wrongly told that this would work and it wouldn't need rescanning or anything.

So after that wouldn't work i sent my faulty one off to BBA-reman to be repaired, they called back yesterday and informed me that it is completely corrupt and they can only wipe it and cannot reprogramme it to my car.

I have a few questions i could use some help on if any would be so kind

1) Would i be able to get Peugeot to wipe the used one i bought and reprogramme that, therefore only having to pay the testing fee to BBA-Reman or would it have to be my original one?

2) would it be cheaper to buy the bits off the car i got the used BSI from off ebay? and if so what parts would i need?

3) Can any local Peugoet dealer do this for me? and can they do it without me taking the actual car in? and if so what would i need to bring with me?

I plan on contacting them when i get home and seeing what they say about the situation.

But if any one could answer any of my questions in the meantime id very grateful

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
9,733 Posts
if you have a wiped bsi then peugeot should be able to download all your settings using your vin number directly from psa france.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
if you have a wiped bsi then peugeot should be able to download all your settings using your vin number directly from psa france.
Thanks for the reply, so if i took the wiped BSI and my wrote down my vin number for them and went to my local Peugeot dealer, they would be able to sort it all out?

·
Registered
9,733 Posts
Thanks for the reply, so if i took the wiped BSI and my wrote down my vin number for them and went to my local Peugeot dealer, they would be able to sort it all out?
its only a matter of them downloading your original settings , get a price of them first , have you your transponder code?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
its only a matter of them downloading your original settings , get a price of them first , have you your transponder code?

Is that the code on a Credit card shaped piece of plastic with a 4 letter code on the front and 13 digit code on the back?

Many thanks for your help.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just rang them and they said they cannot wipe them, but can reprogramme them, but apparently it doesn't always work, 70 odd quid will be the price as well.

·
Registered
9,733 Posts
yeah thats the code , £70 for a maybe or go to a scrap yard and get a bsi , engine ecu and transponder key for around £150 that will work , your call.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah thats the code , £70 for a maybe or go to a scrap yard and get a bsi , engine ecu and transponder key for around £150 that will work , your call.
Is the transponder the little chip that sits inside the key fob?

So if i were to get the BSI, ECU and that from the same car and all the Part numbers matched and so on, it will work?

Thank.

·
Registered
9,733 Posts
Is the transponder the little chip that sits inside the key fob?

So if i were to get the BSI, ECU and that from the same car and all the Part numbers matched and so on, it will work?

Thank.
yes , a scrap yard will sell you all these parts , get the key fobs they contain the transponder chip .
the scrapman is quite smart he will advise , if possible get the vin number of vehicle the parts come from for future reference.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yes , a scrap yard will sell you all these parts , get the key fobs they contain the transponder chip .
the scrapman is quite smart he will advise , if possible get the vin number of vehicle the parts come from for future reference.

Great thanks for all your help, very appreciated.

If i could just ask one last question if you don't mind, the black/brown casing that goes over the end of the lock barrel for the key, is that the thing that reads the transponder? and if so will i have to change that at all?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hi once again i could do with some advice if you wouldn't mind please.

Ive contacted about 50 scrapyards all with 307's and a few with the exact same model, but the majority of them seem to have different part numbers, on either the ECU or BSI, im guessing getting a BSI ECU and the Key out of the same model but with different part numbers wouldn't work?

Also do you know anywhere in South Devon that can wipe a BSI? BBA Reman said that can but if there is a component fault in the system then wiping it isnt going to fix it and it will just be a waste of money, where as i have another BSI i got with the same part numbers and everything that works and if i can reset that one and get peugeot to reprogramme that one id guess tha would stand a better chance

Thanks

1 - 13 of 13 Posts