Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just had a call from my broker today, looking like june build from a Mid Jan GT order. Also said Peugeot have said Jan / Feb GT orders will be fulfilled as normal all rest of new orders will have the alcanatara substitute with June build, wood trim will be delayed until October
Looking a bit more positive

·
Registered
509 Posts
Why aren't the dealerships contacting customers and offering these alternatives. If my lease company said I could have my GT on time but with alcantara and fabric dash instead of grey oak I would take that offer right now.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Just contacted my dealer in regards to the alcantara. He said that he hasn't heard anything about this (no surprise there). He is going to contact Peugeot about this and get back to me on it. I myself would go for the Alcantara trim if it would speed my order up. I will post any updates I get on this subject.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
You didn't really think Peugeot were going to swallow the costs of compensating owners who were faced with higher VED, because they failed to deliver their cars on time? Much easier to pass that on to new buyers by increasing prices.

·
Registered
765 Posts
You didn't really think Peugeot were going to swallow the costs of compensating owners who were faced with higher VED, because they failed to deliver their cars on time? Much easier to pass that on to new buyers by increasing prices.
They already increased the price in april by exactly the VED rise. Now they have put it up again I think.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
That was to cover the cost of the VED increase, the new rise is to cover the compensation they had to pay out to people promised delivery before the 1st April, who got lumbered with the new VED rates.
Seriously though, it's probably down to the success of the car, and the fact they can get away with sneaking up the prices, knowing people will still buy.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Has the £ slipped against the € ?.
Since the car launched in UK, no if anything the pound has recovered against the Euro a bit. Just profiteering on peugeots part. Capitalizing on success should be about winning back future customers to the brand, not milking them for as much as they can get.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I guess its just supply/demand economics. There is a large backlog and some customers must be pulling out through delays, so a price rise is a simple way to help lower new orders and help the backlog.

Peugeot of course also get extra revenue, so its win/win for them and makes business sense.

No doubt the price will drop back again once supply issues are sorted and they need to get sales in again - especially if they maintain the higher levels of production/extra shifts etc.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Since the car launched in UK, no if anything the pound has recovered against the Euro a bit. Just profiteering on peugeots part. Capitalizing on success should be about winning back future customers to the brand, not milking them for as much as they can get.
At the end of the day Peugeot is a business to make money and can raise or lower prices as they see fit, if people don't like these increases they can vote with their feet and go for another brand. Anyone ordering now will see the prices as today and make their decision, I bet Peugeots order book will still be full. Who knows why Peugeot has raised the price could be their suppliers have raised theirs, production costs have risen extra shifts+extra staff. As said if potential buyers think the price is to much they wont be buying, I am willing to bet sales wont be affected at all.

·
Registered
765 Posts
At the end of the day Peugeot is a business to make money and can raise or lower prices as they see fit, if people don't like these increases they can vote with their feet and go for another brand. Anyone ordering now will see the prices as today and make their decision, I bet Peugeots order book will still be full. Who knows why Peugeot has raised the price could be their suppliers have raised theirs, production costs have risen extra shifts+extra staff. As said if potential buyers think the price is to much they wont be buying, I am willing to bet sales wont be affected at all.
Just feeling a bit bitter after hearing the nonsense about GT's being delayed to week 40 because they don't have any wood. Something we were told months ago wouldn't affect UK RHD cars. I think 36k is looking a bit steep for a fully loaded GT against the competition. I certainly wouldn't be buying one unless it'd been heavily discounted. TBH they can charge the moon on a stick for a car they can't produce.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I agree with Frontie. They clearly needed to curtail demand for specific trim levels to keep wait times down and and cover the costs of increased production etc. It's a pain if you've been holding out to order, but not uncommon either. I remember Nissan dropping the Panoramic roof from the QQ as a standard option from their top spec models but maintaining the price and charging a hefty extra to add it back on, again to curtail the huge demand for their higher end trims, which meant many had a 6+ month wait (myself included).

In an effort to throw them on the back of a loader as quick as possible, quality suffered too.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.