Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a 1998 Peugeot Expert, and it went into the local garage to have it fuel injector pump swapped out as it was leaking whenever the engine was running and subsequently afterwards.

The garage fitted a second hand pump which i located off a broker (60 day guarantee on the pump), and also changed the cam belt, water pump, oil and so on.

The van will now not start. Apparently the pump is taking on fuel, but not sending it back out the other side, you can see the diesel going into it, but it won't start. They've tried swapping the solenoid from the working leaky pump to the new one however that's not changed anything. They've also said the timing isn't the issue.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what it might be, or what I should do next?

Thanks

·
Registered
273 Posts
at 1998 im guessing its a 1.9 so a mechanical pump?. if it is crank open an injector pipe to see if you are getting fuel. if its an hdi don,t do this, you will need diagnostics with live data to check fuel pressure.

·
Registered
884 Posts
If it is a 1.9 mechanical isn't the pump immobiliser coded to the van?
So the second hand pump is not recognised,or what ever?
reliable406 will have the answer.

·
Registered
14,956 Posts
He says they swapped the solenoid so we have to assume its not got an immobiliser any more BUT if the immobiliser block is still on the pump it wont start as it does not match its possible they are changing the advance solenoid and thinking its the stop solenoid needs clarification

·
Registered
273 Posts
I've got a 1998 Peugeot Expert, and it went into the local garage to have it fuel injector pump swapped out as it was leaking whenever the engine was running and subsequently afterwards.

The garage fitted a second hand pump which i located off a broker (60 day guarantee on the pump), and also changed the cam belt, water pump, oil and so on.

The van will now not start. Apparently the pump is taking on fuel, but not sending it back out the other side, you can see the diesel going into it, but it won't start. They've tried swapping the solenoid from the working leaky pump to the new one however that's not changed anything. They've also said the timing isn't the issue.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what it might be, or what I should do next?

Thanks
did the engine ever run after the pump was swapped?.

·
11,838 Posts
did the engine ever run after the pump was swapped?.
^^^ This. I'm hoping they did that work and tested it before they did the other work.

Otherwise everything they've done to the car could be under suspicion.

The pump may be fine, they may have damaged or left something else disconnected.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts