Peugeot Forums banner

Broken front suspension spring

12K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  dnpark38 
#1 ·
Anyone else ? My 308 SW GT (2015
/ 95000km) had this suspension spring failure triggered at veeery low speed over a parking house rubber bump (10cm height perhaps). Kind of scary. Still under warranty (5years/100k in Norway) but this is possibly not covered.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

See less See more
#2 ·
Can't see why it wouldn't be. Be aware that they'll only change the broken spring under warranty and it's really recommended that the pair be replaced at the same time.

There was a thread some time back here where someone needed a broken spring replaced under warranty and there were no springs in the factory so he had to wait. I can't remember how long that took to fix in the end.

#3 ·
unfortunately this seems to be "normal" on peugeots and citroens these days, specially those that drive in countries where salt is oftenly put on the roads for de-icing. I have just had a similar one on my pug partner tepee. Lots of euros (600 here in germany) thrown at it for replacement of both springs, since it was long out of warranty. Now it's the front wheel bearings needing replacement...

#5 ·
Can confirm salty winter conditions, and I also had a front bearing replaced as early as 25000 km.

My GT has had tons of warranty repairs. The worst one being a leaky heating radiator. Took the dealer 3 full days to complete.

The longest to complete was when the dealer bricked the SMEG system. Those Denon parts took weeks to source.

The cost of quality issues must be staggering. I haven’t paid a penny for any of those and a number of others.

#10 ·
Last year I had my first MOT two weeks before due and failed on o's front spring broken, took it straight to dealer who got new spring overnight and changed it, returned to MOT garage and got a pass MOT.
Dealer phoned and said Peugeot had instructed the n's to be changed as well and booked me in for the work to be done just over a week later. ( Dealer had done the first straight away to keep me roadworthy and legal, was please by that.)
After second fitted travel was noisy so straight back and the o's shock absorber was found to be damaged from the broken spring, Peugeot again said replace both sides.
So I guess that was a high warranty bill.

So it's good to get MOT done before the 3 year warranty is up.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.