Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I've got a 56 plate 207 (1.4 petrol) that I've had for about 5 months now and not had any problems with so far. Last night I got in my car and just after I set off my car started making funny noises, pulled over and had a look and the exhaust pipe had come apart under the car. Had a look online to see if it's an easy fix but can't really find much about it. The pipe has come apart at the join near the backbox, and it's the long part that's hanging off. Am I right in thinking that this join isn't welded, and that there is just a bracket like this one (www . eurocarparts . com / search / 712770061 / p / home) (sorry for the broken up link, first post so wouldn't let me include any hyperlinks) (I've got one on order) that clamps the two sections together. If so, does anyone have any experience of doing this themselves and could give me an explanation of how to do it. Don't wanna have to spend a massive amount of money if it's an easy fix given the time of year.
Cheers

Attachments

·
Registered
876 Posts
from what i remember, the backbox joins with some paste and a clamp, its easier to undo the bolts on the backbox to chassis and let it drop down as the rubbers are very tight to get off.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts