Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I mentioned some time ago re: 1.9hdi partner which broke a cam follower. I replaced the broken cam follower.Three months later a different cam follower broke. Thinking I should have replaced all the followers I purchased cam followers and lifters to replace all of them. Two weeks later BANG goes one of the new ones! WTF is causing this? Could it be timing? I'm ready to scrap the thing but it's had new:battery,cambelt,water pump,starter motor,brake discs and lots of polish and buffing! DOH! Oh, and a new clutch!

·
Registered
548 Posts
I mentioned some time ago re: 1.9hdi partner which broke a cam follower. I replaced the broken cam follower.Three months later a different cam follower broke. Thinking I should have replaced all the followers I purchased cam followers and lifters to replace all of them. Two weeks later BANG goes one of the new ones! WTF is causing this? Could it be timing? I'm ready to scrap the thing but it's had new:battery,cambelt,water pump,starter motor,brake discs and lots of polish and buffing! DOH! Oh, and a new clutch!

I'm no expert but are you sure its an HDI and not the earlier 1.9 DW8 engine?
It does sound as if it could be a timing belt issue - any chance its slipping? Check for damaged/missing teeth etc.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Definitely hdi. Checked to see which follower had broken and it's a different one to the previous ones! Baffled.Belt shouldn't have slipped-quite recent.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If the cambelt HAS slipped, would breaking a follower be the result? If so are there any guides on setting up the timing on this engine?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts