Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rather unhelpfully the short, fat yellow cable (not the one to the starter motor but the other one) which comes off the positive battery terminal on my '96 1.8D has come adrift due to corrosion at the non battery end, resulting in nothing happening when the key is turned. It's not immediately obvious where this has broken off, is anyone able to help? A picture would be even more helpful. I have consulted the wiring diagram in the Haynes manual but I'm none the wiser...

Thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Service Box seems to have kicked me off for inactivity, haven't been on there for years. I've attached a couple of pics of the offending yellow cable. The black one on the left goes down to the starter motor. The short yellow one with the black casing goes I know not where, looks like there was some kind of connector on the end.

Thanks

Attachments

·
4,214 Posts
Hi...crimp/solder another teminal (lots at halfords or similar place) and put it under the 8mm nutthe other end of the terminal and while your there remove and clean the battery post and emmery cloth the inside on the teminal .....

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't think I've explained myself very well, I'm fine with the crimping bit, I just have no idea what this wire was connected to. Inspection of the general area around the front N/S headlamp leaves me none the wiser- I can't see anything obvious. I was hoping someone might have a similar setup and might just be able to post a pic of where this yellow wire from the batter +ve goes to.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
My link to the service box battery page has expired ? that`s odd.

Anyway I think you will find that lead goes to the glow plug timer/relay box.
A green box with small leads,a multi plug as well as a main feed,located around the battery somewhere.
As said,solder on a new terminal,as long as its a good clean connection there wont be a problem.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've finally found where the cable connects...the next problem seems to be that no motor factors seem to stock spade connectors for thick cable of such a large diameter (~5mm). So I think it's going to be some sort of bodge to get a good physical connection...don't want a positive cable breaking off and touching the bodywork!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.