Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just realised I never asked the dealership if Peugeot provides new cars with any break down assistance similar to what I had with my last car?

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Just realised I never asked the dealership if Peugeot provides new cars with any break down assistance similar to what I had with my last car?
If you are buying though PCP, three years cover is included.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Not so...you still have to stump up the £120.
I didn't say it is free, it is included in the overall price. Hence if Gooshy IS buying through PCP he will not have to pay an additional £120!

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
I always pay the extra £20 per year to cover 'non warranty issues', such as punctures, misfuel etc. I've got the first year breakdown cover already as part of the new car purchase, just phoned up to pay the extra £20.

With my Citroen assistance on my previous C4 Grand Picasso, I usually contact them before the first year is up and they offer a good price for an additional year/two years cover.

As the PSA breakdown cover also covers you in Europe, I've felt it was good value.

My Renault Clio did include breakdown cover for the full 4 years aligning with the warranty.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I have a lease through free2move so not sure what I got since I have had zero documentation from them other than what I was provided by the dealership. Think I’ll phone them tomorrow and see what’s going on.

·
Registered
99 Posts
My car is on PCP at the minute so have the 3yr cover. If I paid it all off, do I still get the cover included or would it be removed?

also, once my car is 3yr old, do I have to option to extend it?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
The cost of the breakdown cover (which I was told was compulsory on Peugeot/Citroen PCP schemes) is included in the overall PCP deal, so you're paying for it.

If you paid the PCP off (which I did a week after taking the deal on my last Citroen, just to benefit from the large Citroen deposit contribution), then the breakdown cover continues.

That's my experience anyway!

·
Registered
99 Posts
The cost of the breakdown cover (which I was told was compulsory on Peugeot/Citroen PCP schemes) is included in the overall PCP deal, so you're paying for it.

If you paid the PCP off (which I did a week after taking the deal on my last Citroen, just to benefit from the large Citroen deposit contribution), then the breakdown cover continues.

That's my experience anyway!
Brilliant, thanks. Yeah, I'm paying my PCP off soon.
It's a no brainer, little bit extra money a month to not have to pay the baloon payment at the end. Saves thousands!

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Brilliant, thanks. Yeah, I'm paying my PCP off soon.
It's a no brainer, little bit extra money a month to not have to pay the baloon payment at the end. Saves thousands!
Blue is correct, you have paid for 3 years breakdown cover so if Peugeot (unlikely) removed it, you should get a part refund for the unused term. I am, however, confused by your reasoning because you will be still be paying the balloon payment albeit this will be adjusted and lost in the calculations when Peugeot let you have the redemption figure, what you will of course be saving are the interest charges.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Apologies, don't want to go too off topic..

For me, I've only ever taken out PCP, just the once (with Citroen), and then withdrew from the agreement by paying it off in the first week. The dealer advised to do this, to benefit from large deposit contribution from the Manufacturer.

Under the cooling off rules, you are entitled to withdraw from these credit agreements for a short period after the start date, as long as you settle up in full. You never actually enter the credit agreement in reality, and in fact they don't show up on credit checks either.

Did the same with my current GT. Didn't want the Finance, but was told I would have to, to get the deal on offer - I had to take it, or pay considerably more for the whole deal. Took out Peugeot finance and then again withdrew a couple of days later after taking delivery.

Paid the outstanding balance over the 'phone, with a small amount added (rate calculated by PSA Finance) for each day from taking delivery to settling up. Confirmed by PSA Finance via email that they have no interest in the vehicle soon after full payment.

Reactions: glen8

·
Registered
21 Posts
I was looking at Peugeot service plans for my 18 plate 3008 GTLine 1.6 petrol 6 speed auto and the on-line application came out at £18 a month and there was no mention of breakdown cover. Is my car likely to be 50% more than the car quoted above and why no breakdown cover?
Where might a link be to the 'better' service plan as I don't seem to be able to find any suitable reference?

·
Registered
99 Posts
Blue is correct, you have paid for 3 years breakdown cover so if Peugeot (unlikely) removed it, you should get a part refund for the unused term. I am, however, confused by your reasoning because you will be still be paying the balloon payment albeit this will be adjusted and lost in the calculations when Peugeot let you have the redemption figure, what you will of course be saving are the interest charges.
as Blue has just mentioned, when negotiating a deal you get more discount when taking finance. I am going to pay it off, and you are correct...I will obviously have to pay for everything (why wouldnt I), and in turn save not only in having the bigger discount applied, but in interest as well :thumb:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts