Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

I got an alarm on braking fault on my 308 and saw that it was time to change rear brake pads. Even thou I changed pads, the alarm remains, but nothing is wrong?! hand brake works, main brake works, enough brake fluid...
Any idea how to remove the alarm or what the issue might be? Heard other people had the same issue and had to pay around 200-250 Euro to get rid of the problem, sounds really weird to pay pay this money for an alarm generated by worn out brake pads....
//Jörgen

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
Which specific alarm do you get?

I had lots come up when I hit a bump. Turned out to be something to do with a rear ABS sensor. But I cleared the fault and it hasn't appeared again since.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi

The only thing I can read from the diagnostic in the car is "Braking system Fault" and stop the car.
Haven't found any error code, have an ODBII reader (a little older than the car, but I don't find where to connect it to the car??

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi

The only thing I can read from the diagnostic in the car is "Braking system Fault" and stop the car.
Haven't found any error code, have an ODBII reader (a little older than the car, but I don't find where to connect it to the car??

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
Well, its a Peugeot, and they don't do too well on low-end OBD2 readers. It really needs to be read by a high-end professional tool, or Peugeot's own Diagbox.

Do search here for Diagbox - plenty of info.

·
Registered
888 Posts
Hi

Behind a plate around 12 conector, near USB slot.

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
Most likely it's an ABS related fault, and a standard EOBD reader won't show that.

Are any of the ABS or Anti Skid lights showing on the dash?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts