Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 109 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey, previously had a 206 with the over revving problem, fixed by changing the coolant temp sensor! Thanks to whoever that was!

I'm now back with a 307, yes I decided to upgrade after legally driving for only 4 months.

So, bought the car a few weeks back, Cat C, new bumper and headlight needed only!
After starting the car, I get the following;

1 Beep + ABS Fault displayed. (NO ESP ERROR)
3 Beeps + Braking Fault displayed.

Stop light continues to flash, and the handbrake light never goes out.
The car had been stood for a good 6 months before I got it. So brakes are grinding and rusted a little. (not sure if this is the error)

I have a friend with diagnostics, but he says it will no tell me the exact sensor the problem is emitting from. But only for engine management problems.

Now, after reading, I'm seeing all sorts of people with these problems and various fixes. Some of the following:

Replacing 1-4 of of the sensors on each corner of the car.
The ABS pump/modulator.
The ABS Relay/Fuse.

Now, I want to start with the easiest. The Relay/fuse.
But for the life of me, cannot find the relay box. Popped bonnet, removed cover on right but there's just fuses and wires. No relays. I only seem to see fuses in the dash fusebox. So I'm lost there.

So, my first question is. If the fuse is blown, will my error be;

"ABS/ESP Fault"

Car is a bog standard Pug 307 Rapier, 2002, 1.4 petrol.

Thanks for any help.

EDIT: Ok, after looking at the fuse compartment, found in the image below.
I had a look at number *2. Which in my car only seems to be a 15A fuse. Could this contribute to my problem? I've no 30A fuses to put in at the moment, and this fuse isn't blown.

EDIT AGAIN. FOUND THE MF FUSES. THE 3RD ONE FROM THE LEFT (30A) IS BLOWN. THIS SEEMS TO BE THE ABS/ESP SOLENOID VALVE FUSE. IS THIS THE CAUSE OF THE PROBLEM?

·
11,766 Posts
Could be. Most common problem is the sensor gap - a build up of rust and grime on the sensor mounts pushes it away from hub. Its very well documented on here.

If you need local assistance Pr1vatePiles is also Sheffield based and has just sorted out his.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Could be. Most common problem is the sensor gap - a build up of rust and grime on the sensor mounts pushes it away from hub. Its very well documented on here.

If you need local assistance Pr1vatePiles is also Sheffield based and has just sorted out his.
Thanks for the reply Gibbo.

A new fuse has cured the "Braking Fault", Handbrake light and 3 beeps I was getting on start up. So I'm halfway there.

As mentioned in my first post, there's rust on all four of the brake disks. I'm going to clean all this now and also look at all four sensors.

Is 3mm the right size gap I should have between the sensor and ring?

& also thanks for the suggestion, I've got some experience under my belt from College and doing projects with my dad. But I'll bear that in mind.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nope, should be 1mm.
Right, so I must have read what other people had been doing. Will set them all to 1mm.

Is there any other fuses I should check before getting the wheels off? Any way I can use a multimeter on the pump to check that?

Just going with the easiest method first.

Thanks.

P

·
0 Posts
Right, so I must have read what other people had been doing. Will set them all to 1mm.

Is there any other fuses I should check before getting the wheels off? Any way I can use a multimeter on the pump to check that?

Just going with the easiest method first.

Thanks.
Should you need a hand give me a shout dude.

How much did bumper set you back? Mine is in bit of a mess and needs replacing.

·
Registered
19 Posts
ABS & Hand brake BEEB

At the minute i have the same fault , i`m blaming ABS ecu and am waiting for one to arrive to try it out :thumb:

i have the same fault. i went to local garage the information was : The reason for these faults is battery over charge from the generator . i m shore not but when i start the car with lights ON the alarm disappears . when the lights OFF the alarm (beeb) appears again . what do you think?

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Should you need a hand give me a shout dude.

How much did bumper set you back? Mine is in bit of a mess and needs replacing.
How much would you charge to come out and give the car a quick lookover with the diagnostics. Will it tell me the exact cause?

And the bumper + light, in used but good condition was £120 posted from an eBay seller who was splitting his 307. £80 Bumper, £30 Light and £10 p&p.

Thanks.

At the minute i have the same fault , i`m blaming ABS ecu and am waiting for one to arrive to try it out :thumb:
Oh bad luck. I suppose you've checked all the sensors already? What (If anything) has PP returned to you??

i have the same fault. i went to local garage the information was : The reason for these faults is battery over charge from the generator . i m shore not but when i start the car with lights ON the alarm disappears . when the lights OFF the alarm (beeb) appears again . what do you think?
That's odd, sounds like dodgey wiring to me. Electrical fault I'd guess.

Been out to diagnose an ABS fault on a 307 dTurbo today.

Turned out to be a dirty mini fuse (3) in the engine fuse box.
Right, checked this already, as it does Power Steering too. And it's perfectly fine, so is the power steering.

Guys, as I've said, the car has been stood for a good 6 months. I also cannot drive the car more than 20ft off my drive and back on.
Would I need to go for a drive to clear the error off? Ie take the car around the block?
I also should point out there's a little water at the bottom of the fusebox. I've got it out and had a look where it's came from but found nothing. Possibly a build up in moisture or something.

If I have already fixed this error, will the light go out straight away, or do I have to go for a drive until a signal is picked up that the wheels are turning?

P

·
0 Posts
If memory serves the light should go out straight away, at least it did when I scrubbed up the rear one.

·
Registered
19 Posts
How much would you charge to come out and give the car a quick lookover with the diagnostics. Will it tell me the exact cause?

And the bumper + light, in used but good condition was £120 posted from an eBay seller who was splitting his 307. £80 Bumper, £30 Light and £10 p&p.

Thanks.

Oh bad luck. I suppose you've checked all the sensors already? What (If anything) has PP returned to you??

That's odd, sounds like dodgey wiring to me. Electrical fault I'd guess.

Right, checked this already, as it does Power Steering too. And it's perfectly fine, so is the power steering.

Guys, as I've said, the car has been stood for a good 6 months. I also cannot drive the car more than 20ft off my drive and back on.
Would I need to go for a drive to clear the error off? Ie take the car around the block?
I also should point out there's a little water at the bottom of the fusebox. I've got it out and had a look where it's came from but found nothing. Possibly a build up in moisture or something.

If I have already fixed this error, will the light go out straight away, or do I have to go for a drive until a signal is picked up that the wheels are turning?
Hi all
can any body tell me where are the fuse number MF2 & MF3 . Are these responsible to ABS/ESP pump &ABS/ESP solenoid valves fault . Mine is
1.6 LITRE 16V PETROL sw 2007 THANKS

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Okay, bought planet the other day. Finally got around to scanning the car tonight. I've got a open circuit right rear sensor. Can anyone tell me if this if the offside or nearside please?

Also, planet says the current millage is 134k, but the clocks only say 83k. Since the car is a Cat C, it needs a VIC. I doubt it will pass the VIC with the wrong millage.
Since I have no papers with the car, how do I go about checking the millage and fixing it?

P

·
0 Posts
Okay, bought planet the other day. Finally got around to scanning the car tonight. I've got a open circuit right rear sensor. Can anyone tell me if this if the offside or nearside please?

Also, planet says the current millage is 134k, but the clocks only say 83k. Since the car is a Cat C, it needs a VIC. I doubt it will pass the VIC with the wrong millage.
Since I have no papers with the car, how do I go about checking the millage and fixing it?
I thought the dashboard automatically adjusted to the millage the ecu held?

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Oh my goodness!

Well, I decided to give the diagnostic another go, just to make sure I have read it properly.
To my surprise, I had read "Mileage - 134156"
At the time, I pressed some buttons to try and save the image to show you guys.
I pressed something, and this popped up. Bare in mind, the clock says 83378

I am now officially a retard for thinking the Mileage was in Miles and not Kilometres
Guess it's perfectly fine, and I can get the VIC test booked as soon as the ABS is done and it's passed it's MOT.

1 - 20 of 109 Posts