Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Only just discoverd this web site with lots of members helping each other. (fantastic.) Now for the question.... I have a 04 2.2 diesel manual with somthing gone wrong with the brakes.?. It`s what i would call a slow speed fault 20mph or so. When the brakes are applied it pushes back on the pedal and make quite a bit of a din. (higher speed and it`s no problem) My local garage dont know what the problem is but they say that the pads and discs are fine. But i got a feeling could be something to do with abs.:nono: :confused: :confused:
Thanks in advance.
Dave.

·
Registered
6 Posts
hi
i have the same engine but older car and i have something similar for example when stopping even on dry road looks like abs working
maybe is some sensor i don't know but i don't think about it as problem so is the same distance to stop as normal, this thing happened from time to time not always
i'm sure that someone show up and explain u exactly what is wrong

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I took the car into another garage and they knew what they where talking about.... Sure enough they found a cracked abs ring. now waiting for the part to come in and i will post the cost of labour+parts after wednesday...
The mechanic at the garage said he has had a lot of cars in with with the same problem.
Makes me think how long the new one is going to last?:thumb:

Dave.:D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts