Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had my 307HDI since Feb this year.
The brakes seem on the soft side is this normal. I am used to a hard feel in the brakes. They work fine in normal usage but i just feel that they maybe will go to the floor in an emergency, maybe maybe not.

I know the clutch is lighter than my 306, that needed legs like a weight lifter. When i test drove my 307 i nearly pushed the pedal through the floor it was so light.

The brakes are much better on the 307..............but feel soft as i say.

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
they could be brand new fitted brakes, and as such are just wearing in and will feel soft.

or

they could be really old and need replacing.

also i would check the brake fluid to see if it is at recommended max level and looks fresh.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
mmm. if they were new i would expect them to be bedded in by now. It;s going in for a service on the 19th this month and i have asked to have them looked at.

I just wondered if was normal for the 307 is all

·
Registered
101 Posts
hawkeye said:
mmm. if they were new i would expect them to be bedded in by now. It;s going in for a service on the 19th this month and i have asked to have them looked at.

I just wondered if was normal for the 307 is all

Going from a 306 to a 307 my brakes also felt alot softer but seemed to have more control (the 306 brakes were really hard) but the clutch on the 307's is so much nicer.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
jonohanson said:
Going from a 306 to a 307 my brakes also felt alot softer but seemed to have more control (the 306 brakes were really hard) but the clutch on the 307's is so much nicer.
Your right they do seem to have more 'control', just a bit unerving in a hard stop, it felt as if i could just keep squashing them.

I like the clutch though :D :D :D

·
Registered
101 Posts
hawkeye said:
Your right they do seem to have more 'control', just a bit unerving in a hard stop, it felt as if i could just keep squashing them.

I like the clutch though :D :D :D

I have done a couple of emergancy stops to test them, and if you slam them on the brake assist comes into play and they really stop on the spot (really amazed by stopping distances)

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have done this on company cars but this is mine and it dont feel right lol.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts