Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
one very cold start the brakes have a hard pedal and only when the motor is running with your foot pressed down does it return to its normal operatinon
Has anyone had this ???
where does one look at to strart exploration to fix this

·
5,997 Posts
It maybe normal or the non return valve in the servo hose has failed. Servo boosts your braking force using vacuum from the engine or vacuum pump and the vacuum is only generated with a running engine

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
many thanks

is there any photo or description of the location of the part ?

also just noticed on the speedo whilst turning the key 9000 appears it might have been there all along . did not take much notices as i turn the key fast and might have missed it before
it could be a code or even the trade in valuation :)

·
Registered
14,956 Posts
The 9000 is most likely when your service is due or overdue as case may be thats normal too :)

If the brakes are ONLY hard with engine off its most likely as windy says normal.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok

its no a normal action the brakes have this problem so were can i start looking to find the parts to fix it
also how does one turn of the service indicator as i did a full service last month

Regards to all

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
What problem do you have?.
Once the engine starts you say you have normal brakes. Much like any car.
Good luck fixing a problem you don't have.....

Roger.

·
Registered
296 Posts
My 307 had terrible brakes when I bought it , couldnt get a hard pedal at all

2 new donor front callipers and two brand new rears and problem sorted
think the pistons had seized ?

Does anybody else do a little brake pad ear trimming to let them free a bit once over it was just to take the paint off now some parts you need to remove a bit of steel ... I like them free in the caliper to give them some wiggle room

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
If you can wiggle the pads then you have overdone the trimming. They should move easily but with virtually no perceptible play. This should be on a new thread btw.

Roger.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hi

this is not normal as if i dont dress down the brake before i take off it stays hard and that dangerous
so someone please tell me were this type of problem can be fixed and the parts location

·
5,997 Posts
It's in the pipe from the vacuum pump/engine to the servo.

It could also be the grommet the pipe fits into has perished as well or failing servo or vacuum pump if a diesel

Sent from my SM-T830 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It's in the pipe from the vacuum pump/engine to the servo.

It could also be the grommet the pipe fits into has perished as well or failing servo or vacuum pump if a diesel

Sent from my SM-T830 using Tapatalk
whats the best method to test these

·
5,997 Posts
You can visually check grommet and you need a vacuum gauge to check the pump and non return valve

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

1 - 15 of 15 Posts