Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
need some advice please - just had the car serviced and MOT the car needed some work doing to the rear brakes and a replacement rear brake line. All the work was completed but now the brake pedal has very little feedback until almost 3 quarters depressed. if you push the brake pedal hard and fast - a "farting" noise comes from somewhere near the passenger side.... the car mechanic has bleed the system 4 times but it has not improved - any ideas?????

·
Registered
4 Posts
need some advice please - just had the car serviced and MOT the car needed some work doing to the rear brakes and a replacement rear brake line. All the work was completed but now the brake pedal has very little feedback until almost 3 quarters depressed. if you push the brake pedal hard and fast - a "farting" noise comes from somewhere near the passenger side.... the car mechanic has bleed the system 4 times but it has not improved - any ideas?????
Hi, I know this post is a bit old but in the offchance; Did you ever find out what the problem was? My 307 is suffering the same symptoms after getting a new brake line fitted.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yep as previously stated the brake system needs to be bleed with the assistance of the Diagbox or PP2000, in order to activate the inlet and outlet valves on the ABS block.
If you have access to the Diagbox or PP2000 there is a brake bleeding option however mine continued to get stuck at the timer for the first wheel, so I took a chance and manually activated the inlet ABS valve for a wheel, bleed it, then activated the outlet valve (ABS) whilst bleeding for each corner. This cured the problem immediately.

The system was also bleed with the car engine running - I don't know if this made a difference but because the PP2000 locked after bleeding one wheel we run out of options.

We also used a pressurised system on the brake reservoir to help things along. I hope this helps you out - (the system was bled about 8-9 times in total. i'd love to know why the software locks when bleeding but never mind, I got my issue sorted.

·
Registered
4 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
If you have access to the Diagbox or PP2000 there is a brake bleeding option however mine continued to get stuck at the timer for the first wheel, so I took a chance and manually activated the inlet ABS valve for a wheel, bleed it, then activated the outlet valve (ABS) whilst bleeding for each corner. This cured the problem immediately.
Hello

I am having the same problems as you had, this is my post, http://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/307-38/abs-esp-bleeding-issue-72641/

Exactly the same problems, even PP2000 locking at the first attempt of the first wheel.

Can you remember the exact sequence you used when you manualy activated the ABS?
"activated the inlet ABS valve for a wheel, bleed it, then activated the outlet valve (ABS) whilst bleeding for each corner"
Did you bleed each corner in turn like this, activate inlet, bleed, activate outlet, bleed, and then move onto the next corner. Were you pumping the pedal as the abs was activating?
Thanks, Mike

·
Registered
144 Posts
What is the correct order to bleed the brakes on a 2006 peugeot 307 hdi 110 sw. ?? I have to replace rear calipers or at least clean up rear caliper pistons and new seals.
is it the order below or different.

1) driver front
2) passengers front
3) drivers rear
4) passengers rear

Also if i need to use the pp2000, where can i find the options.

many thanks in advance

1 - 8 of 8 Posts