Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all.
I'm trying to sort out the brakes on a mates 207 van.
The brakes work but if you press hard the pedal is taken away from your foot, the front wheels lock and when the van stops the pedal judders like the abs is trying to work.
So far it's had a full brake service, including fresh fluid, new pads on the front, all calipers checked and serviced as needed, replacement pump and replacement abs ecu.
Any suggestions?
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Do the front wheels actually lock or is the ABS kicking in?

The pedal going down is probably the brake assist system kicking in.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The brakes lock solid and the pedal is taken away from your foot.
Even if you take your foot off the pedal totally the brakes stay locked until you've stopped.

·
Registered
585 Posts
So the ABS doesn't work? Do your wheels lock up?

Sounds like an ABS issue but you have changed the assembly. Do your brake lights (=brake switch) work OK?

·
Registered
906 Posts
Had simular on a rover many years ago, was a cracked reluctor ring, you need diagnostics done, see if signals are all good from each wheel.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So the ABS doesn't work? Do your wheels lock up?

Sounds like an ABS issue but you have changed the assembly. Do your brake lights (=brake switch) work OK?
It passed an mot with this issue, which is amazing, so the lights work fine.
The ABS unit is working as far as pp2K is concerned with both the pump and ecu being changed and bled with pp2k.
I unplugged the abs ecu and the brakes work perfectly.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Maybe I am not clear, sorry.

1. Do the wheels lock up fully when this happens, ie lots of smoke/squealing from the tyres etc?

2. When this happens and the brakes are applied with the brake pedal not pressed, are the brake lights on or off?

·
7,536 Posts
Sounds like a failed servo. If you pump the brake pedal a few times with the engine off then hold the pedal down and start the engine does the pedal sink slightly, stay the same of go to the floor

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sounds like a failed servo. If you pump the brake pedal a few times with the engine off then hold the pedal down and start the engine does the pedal sink slightly, stay the same of go to the floor
I will get him to try and report back but I can't see it being the servo as the brakes are perfect with the abs ecu unplugged. The van has a head fit about it but until you lock the brakes they work exactly as you would expect from a van without abs

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
He's just done it and says the pedal sink slightly as expected when the vacuum comes up.

·
7,536 Posts
The only other thing I can think off is an issue with the under bonnet fuse box check for water ingress as its a common issue and most of the power and some other signals are routed through it

Sent from my SM-T830 using Tapatalk

1 - 12 of 12 Posts