Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I lightly press the brakes I get a sqeel but when I press it heavier it's fine does anyone have any suggestions also does anyone have an idea how much it would cost to replace an exhaust bracket as mine as some how snapped.and I know I'm a newby but sometimes my gears struggle to get in to gear I'm wondering if the gear stick just needs some lubricant or is it something else

·
Registered
876 Posts
for brakes, if the pads havn't worn its a case of taking them out copper greasing the backs and poping them back on.
may find the exhaust bracket is bolt on, if so ebay/scrappy for a spare.

would get your gearchange looked at, clutch centers are best, if its cables to the box get them checked, try not to force changes or you may destroy the gearbox.

·
Registered
364 Posts
To be honest if you are looking to sort these problems yourself I would divide them into seperate threads. Brakes could be anything from hot weather to needing new pads. The Exhaust you dont't say what model variant you have or which bracket has snapped as there are some clamp ones and others are welded on. The gearchange could be anything in the transmission train you would really need to give more details to aid someone to help you further.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cheers the gearbox only does it on the odd occasion, I looked at the exhaust the bracket bolt is still connected it's the welding to the exhaust that's broke. And iwill look at how to do the brakes

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
To be honest if you are looking to sort these problems yourself I would divide them into seperate threads. Brakes could be anything from hot weather to needing new pads. The Exhaust you dont't say what model variant you have or which bracket has snapped as there are some clamp ones and others are welded on. The gearchange could be anything in the transmission train you would really need to give more details to aid someone to help you further.

Its the 75bhp 8v 1.4 sportium variant of the 207 mate

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Its the 75bhp 8v 1.4 sportium variant of the 207 mate also it's the bracket just behind the back box

1 - 6 of 6 Posts