Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi does anyone have a how to about removing brake servo/booster for my 2009 1.6 hdi 90bhp it has been found to be faulty (hissing when pedal pressed) any help on removing it much appreciated

·
Registered
96 Posts
Hi does anyone have a how to about removing brake servo/booster for my 2009 1.6 hdi 90bhp it has been found to be faulty (hissing when pedal pressed) any help on removing it much appreciated
I did one on a Peugeot 206 once, same issue, hissing, you have to remove the master cylinder obviously (2 bolts), and the vacuum pipe, then inside the car, passenger side, remove the glove box and pull back the carpet slightly, there is 4 bolts holding the servo in, you need to remove these and also release the brake pedal from the servo, its just a pin, fairly easy, then back to the bonnet and pull out the servo.

They recommend replacing the gasket and the brake petal pin when fitting a new or used servo.

There is a guide here of the 206 process, I don't imagine it would be much different, I didn't bother draining or removing the tank or brake pipes, there was no need really, it all pulls away from the servo as one, just be careful.

http://www.peugeot206cc.co.uk/repair-206/206/info/gb/b3fb0bf3.htm

1 - 2 of 2 Posts