Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when stationary no brake boost and hard pedal
start the motor put pressure on pedal and back to normal

what's the problem and where in the car can I locate the faulty part

·
5,838 Posts
Could be non return valve in servo pipe or grommet when vac pipe goes into servo is perished

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Could be non return valve in servo pipe or grommet when vac pipe goes into servo is perished

Many thanks for the reply now the vehicle is a 2003 HDI and gee I have not seen the servo unit any idea where I can find it :) Norma a brake booster it so viable but its hidden , found the brake filler container and that on the opposite side were I would have thought to look

·
5,838 Posts
It's to the right of that on the bulkhead. You can follow the servo pipe from the vac pump on the end of the head gearbox end

·
Registered
1,104 Posts

If the engine isn't running you won't have any servo assistance. Perhaps you don't have a problem?.

Roger.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If I don't check the brakes I can be running down the rad without servo , sometimes its only a matter of pressing on the brake till it releases then other pumping the pedal

I found the top filler that leads down to a second one but that's a way in and if the servo is back further it could be easier to lift the bod off :0 is there a easy way to get o the part

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok found the servo now what exactly am I looking for is it on the servo or the pipes and what shape is it is it controlled by electronics or fluid

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
It is vacuum operated and it has a pump that supplies the vacuum. The servo valve sits on top of the servo itself. It has a round cap and has a black plastic pipe connected to it. To test the servo system depress the foot peddle several times with the engine off to exhaust the vacuum. Then whilst keeping the pedal depressed start the engine when there should be a noticeable give in the pedal as the vacuum builds up. Let the engine run for a couple of minutes then switch it off and release the brake. Then depress the brake and it should feel normal. You can check the valve by removing it from the servo and blow through it from both directions. One way it should allow the air to flow and the other it should not.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It is vacuum operated and it has a pump that supplies the vacuum. The servo valve sits on top of the servo itself. It has a round cap and has a black plastic pipe connected to it. To test the servo system depress the foot peddle several times with the engine off to exhaust the vacuum. Then whilst keeping the pedal depressed start the engine when there should be a noticeable give in the pedal as the vacuum builds up. Let the engine run for a couple of minutes then switch it off and release the brake. Then depress the brake and it should feel normal. You can check the valve by removing it from the servo and blow through it from both directions. One way it should allow the air to flow and the other it should not.
really appreciate your advice your correct advice not to see how difficult to get valve off

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I already have in #8 of this thread!
[/QUOTE what I.meant was how does this part come off
I intend to go to the wreckers first before I get stuck into.mine
In.oz original.parts only and so far there is a delay in getting that part to where I live
So I will grab 2or 3 and take the best one

·
5,838 Posts
The valve is in the servo hose at the pump end it's the unit that has small nipple on the side that the thin pipe for the vacuum supply for the turbo and egr valves connects to

Sent from my SM-T830 using Tapatalk

1 - 16 of 16 Posts