Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello everyone

i have a 307 2005 1.6 diesel estate , i have owned it for a month and love the car , i went to go for a drive today and as i started to pull forward the car made a clonking noise from the front of the car (not grinding), it would not go forwards or backwards(only a couple of inches) without making this noise it feels like the brakes are locked in position so i abandoned my trip, the break pedal feels normal. it has been standing for three days on my drive but was fine three days ago on a 2 hour trip . any thoughts?

regards badluckbob!!

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Jack up the front of the car and [try to] rotate each wheel to figure out which wheel is at fault.

Grinding noise suggests that a brake pad might be through to metal and thus binding to the disc. There could be other issues too.

·
5,028 Posts
Rear discs or drums?? Bet its drum and shoes have dislodged/fell apart !!

Sent from my K013 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
648 Posts
It should have rear discs. Worth checking the suspension springs too as if they haven't been changed then at that that age car they have been known to fail. My front ones both failed while the car was parked on the drive ('07 307 SW).

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks everyone

i thought i would give you an update , both the front springs have broken (on my drive),the noise i was hearing was the spring on the drivers side rubbing against the tyre.

mr eccles you were on the money well done !!

regards badluckbob

·
Registered
648 Posts
Thanks for letting us know! Hope it hasn't resulted in tyre damage. I got away with it luckily. Peugeot extended the warranty on the front springs to 6 years due to failures, but apparently a recall wasn't required!

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
those springs go with a right bang .nasty if you are moving at the time One of mine snapped whilst doing about ten mile per hour took the tire out ..got a replacement from scrapyard

1 - 9 of 9 Posts