Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now guys, just a quickie. The Car has failed it's MOT. One light was aimed high, the sidelights were wrong colour (My fault, I put red ones in) and the brake pipes (Rear) are corroded.

MOT was already £47. Including retest but apparently some bloke closer to home does that deal at £25, narked a bit like!

Anyway the brake pipes are going to be £120 to replace. Does this ring true?

Cheers in advance

Jazz

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I would imagine most of that is labour, mainly from bleeding the system afterwards etc etc

I'd still shop around though, sure it can be done cheaper than that!!!

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Got it done for £93 in the end! Yeay! Still got the stupid problem with the clutch noise when pulling away.

If it's the dual mass flywheel, is there a conversion to solid mass out there?

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Late answer here, been off work! :p

I do beleive some people have successfully converted to solid flywheels, i dont think its terribly good for the engine as the dual mass is designed to eliminate some of the stresses (at the cost of its own life so it seems!)

If you have a search around on here you'll find it :thumb:

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just as a guess would you say they are cheaper than dual mass?

I suppose forking out the cash for a proper repair would be worth it since the problem most likely won't arrive again within my ownership

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I would say they are cheaper yeah!

One other way to look at it, if you fit a solid flywheel i also wouldnt expect any major problems to occur with it during your ownership either!

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hmm i shall look into it. The clutch is
only occasionally whining when I pull away. Not all the time so ill wait til its nearer breaking point Haha.

Cheers mate! You don't know how to take all the seats out of a 307 hatch do you?
And do seats in a 3 door fit into a 5 door?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts