Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Apologies in advance as I am not the most technically minded when it comes to these four wheeled computers, basically brake pad warning light has come on and need replacing, as I have found out everytime you fix something on the 407 you have to do something with the electronics, can I just replace the pads is it as simple as that?, never really worked on cars since I gave up on the Cortina in the 80's, so hence my question, and an auto factor the best cheapest option for the pads I guess right?

cheers for replys,

·
Registered
5,904 Posts
Brake pads are an essential safety item so cheapest option could end up costing you dearly if they don't perform. Go for a decent branded pad, they aren't going to be too expensive and that extra piece of mind would be priceless. Can't really see there being anything too difficult in replacing the pads, just make sure that everything that should move is cleaned and free and wind back the pistons fully. You shouldn't even need to bleed the brake system as long as you don't have to disconnect any hydraulic pipes. If for any reason you do have to remove a pipe, use a clamp on the flexi pipe to keep fluid loss & bleeding to a minimum. You would only need to use a diagnostic kit if you completely drained the system when you might need to bleed the ABS pump.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts