Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I'm new and appreciate any advice given !!!

My MOT is due shortly and I have a feeling that the brake pads on the front will need replacing. Peugeot charge £90 for this. Were down to 6mm last years Service / MOT

I am not a DIY merchant, can anyone tell me how much they have paid in Kwik Fit or ATS et al for the above - not a private garage. If it's only a few quid more at Peugeot I may as well have it done with the Service/MOT.

I'm hoping the Discs need replacing as they are covered by my "MOT INSURANCE" Policy from Peugeot (pads are not) Has anyone ever made a claim on the said insurance ?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hi I'm new and appreciate any advice given !!!

My MOT is due shortly and I have a feeling that the brake pads on the front will need replacing. Peugeot charge £90 for this. Were down to 6mm last years Service / MOT

I am not a DIY merchant, can anyone tell me how much they have paid in Kwik Fit or ATS et al for the above - not a private garage. If it's only a few quid more at Peugeot I may as well have it done with the Service/MOT.

I'm hoping the Discs need replacing as they are covered by my "MOT INSURANCE" Policy from Peugeot (pads are not) Has anyone ever made a claim on the said insurance ?
Just a quick update - had brakes checked by Kwik Fit free Inspection - they claimed discs/pads do need replacing but quoted same price as Peugeot Fixed Price so hoping discs will be covered by warranty.

Anyone out there ???????

·
6,431 Posts
Find a local independent garage and get then to price up the job the parts are around £50 (with out trade discount) from ECP and about 1 hr to fit

1 - 3 of 3 Posts