Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

I've got a problem with my brakes lights. They are stuck on. I've got no idea how it happened I was just told by a helpful motorist at a roundabout. It's as soon as I turn my ignition on they all come on. First of all any ideas how to fix this and does anyone know if I'm breaking any laws?

Also I've got the offside front and back side light off. I've changed the bulbs and checked the fuse but no joy. Again any ideas?

Your help would be greatly appreciated but could you make your anwers simple because I'm not very car friendly :eek:)

Cheers

·
Registered
256 Posts
Easy, Foot brake switch, they tend to malfunction especially under hard braking, I had mine replaced 5 months from new, been informed that under hard braking where the hazard lights are activated the switch will wear prematurely to force as much current to the computer as possible so the computer within milliseconds will apply the EBD, EBA, ABA etc etc.

Peugeot spares have these parts in stock at all times!!!

It's easy to do if the car is not in warranty.:thumb: :nod:

·
Registered
122 Posts
As to breaking any laws, yes it is classed under driving an unsatisfactory vehicle, due to malfuction of lights.
If the car is the 206 this isnt due to malfuction or any problem that is electrical, its just the fitment problem. If you wrap some plumbers tape around the end of the switch it is easily solved. If any other model im not so certain. If the part is due to malfuction the part is also availiable from any reputable parts store. Regards whistler

1 - 4 of 4 Posts