Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. My 3 brake lights stop working I have checked the fuses and they are ok. A bit of research and the other most common issue would be the brake light switch, which is supposed to be behind the glove compartment. I had a look underneath, and I can see a green thing but it's very hard to reach.

The car is a 2007 207 1.6 hdi.

Any advice would be appreciated.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Hey guys. My 3 brake lights stop working I have checked the fuses and they are ok. A bit of research and the other most common issue would be the brake light switch, which is supposed to be behind the glove compartment. I had a look underneath, and I can see a green thing but it's very hard to reach.

The brake light switch is only £10.00 to buy for the 207 you need to push back the seat and work upside down so to speak. also then turn it to take it out

·
Registered
202 Posts

£6.29 from Europarts matey.
Peugeot | Euro Car Parts UK’s No.1 Car Parts Retailer

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The brake light switch is only £10.00 to buy for the 207 you need to push back the seat and work upside down so to speak. also then turn it to take it out

Its very tight from underneath, can reach it but can't see what I am doing and because I don't know exactly how to remove it I think I'm going to have to remove the glove compartment.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Its very tight from underneath, can reach it but can't see what I am doing and because I don't know exactly how to remove it I think I'm going to have to remove the glove compartment.
You don't need to remove the glovebox there is a cover under the glovebox that blocks your view it's just a small piece of carpet that you can remove and then use a torch if you still don't know here is a link that might help you

Peugeaot 207 brake light switch location. - The FIAT Forum

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You don't need to remove the glovebox there is a cover under the glovebox that blocks your view it's just a small piece of carpet that you can remove and then use a torch if you still don't know here is a link that might help you

Peugeaot 207 brake light switch location. - The FIAT Forum

Thank you, that was really helpful, managed to remove the switch and turns out the spring mechanism was jammed couldn't fix it but picking one up tomorrow for £6, think I just saved a lot of ££'s, many thanks.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Thank you, that was really helpful, managed to remove the switch and turns out the spring mechanism was jammed couldn't fix it but picking one up tomorrow for £6, think I just saved a lot of ££'s, many thanks.
You are welcome, now you know how to remove it good luck with your car

·
Registered
11 Posts
I've got the same problem but my high level brake light still works. Took out the green switch in the passenger foot well and put it back in but I don't think it's this as the high level brake light obviously still works.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi...have you checked the bulbs ?sorry if you have but start with the basics first...
Hi I did check the bulbs by trying some spare bulbs I had lying around. Turns out they were dud too. Bought some new bulbs and lights are now working.

Strange how they both failed at the same time.

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
It happens quite often. When one bulb fails, it creates a momentary spike on the supply, which knocks out the other one.

A similar thing can happen at home - a bulb fails and the circuit breaker is opened by the spike.

·
Registered
11 Posts
They were both working last weekend as that was when I saw reflection in kitchen window. Not been parked in that position since.

·
Registered
870 Posts
agree with above, we had both headlights go at the same time, was suprised when i found both bulbs dead, not seen that before.

·
Registered
1 Posts
brakelight fault

I have the problem of my two side brake lights not working but the high level is ok. I have checked the bulbs, they are working, checked the fuses and they appear to be fine too. Any suggestions?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts