Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just thought I'd post this quick fix for a potentially dangerous problem:

My brake lights started coming on all the time when driving.. not good!
They'd flicker and go off a little if I put my foot under the pedal and pulled it up but they'd flicker again every so often and come back on/stay on. I assumed the switch was at the pedal but soon realised it's on the passenger side behind the glovebox.

The mechanism works by switching on the lights when the brake bar moves off the switch. Something wasn't right with mine and I couldn't find any adjustments (I didn't really look that hard!) but a bit of duct tape to make the bar thicker, and keep the switch depressed, seems to have done the trick.
I suppose I could have also bent the bracket so that the switch was closer to the bar but the bracket doesn't look like it's attached very firmly, I don't know. Thought the tape would be a safer option since I didn't want the bracket breaking off!

· Registered
1,945 Posts
I've had at least 2 go on my 407s. The switches are cheap so just replaced them.
After taking up yoga for a month first.

Sent from my Vodafone Smart ultra 6 using Tapatalk

· Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've had at least 2 go on my 407s. The switches are cheap so just replaced them.
After taking up yoga for a month first.

Sent from my Vodafone Smart ultra 6 using Tapatalk
Yoga, lol! I just took out the glovebox, I could do it in my sleep now since I've had it out about 6 times already. My switch was working fine, but the notches for securing it looked a little bit battered alright, I suppose it could have been jumping around a bit.
Nice to know they're cheap though, if I have any more trouble I'll just get a new one so then.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.