Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Replaced left side brake bulb twice in two months...normal or anything do do with wiring ?

Any checks worth doing ?

Thanks.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
441 Posts
Replaced left side brake bulb twice in two months...normal or anything do do with wiring ?

Any checks worth doing ?
One is none (assuming it was not a recent replacement), two a coincident...

If you get a third soon (or the first one was also a recent replacement, and not a bulb that'd been in the car a long time) blown, you might have an issue. Not that I can think of anything obvious that'd cause it, and I feel decently competent in electrics.

Any other bulbs that've popped during the same period?
Brand name or cheapo supermarket/eBay no-names as replacement?

General checks, have someone observe (drive behind) and see if they can notice any flickering when activated (or park somewhere you can see brake lights reflected in glass), check the socket for proper contact, check ground connection of the assembly to body...

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
One is none (assuming it was not a recent replacement), two a coincident...

If you get a third soon (or the first one was also a recent replacement, and not a bulb that'd been in the car a long time) blown, you might have an issue. Not that I can think of anything obvious that'd cause it, and I feel decently competent in electrics.

Any other bulbs that've popped during the same period?
Brand name or cheapo supermarket/eBay no-names as replacement?

General checks, have someone observe (drive behind) and see if they can notice any flickering when activated (or park somewhere you can see brake lights reflected in glass), check the socket for proper contact, check ground connection of the assembly to body...

Thanks...yes both blowed were cheapo and old i think..

Have installed bosch ones this time let's see what happens...everything else is grand...

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts