Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
5,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently noticed my front brake pads were loose in the caliper allowing them to Rattle over loose ground/rumble strips etc so on Sunday morning 407xjr had my front wheels off and copperslipped the back of the pads etc to ease this,Now to the issue ever since then my pedal travel has increased by about an inch or so. The brakes themselves work perfectly but the travel before anything happens has increased, I have 100% faith in the work done by Kev (407xjr) as he has watched my do this a million times and must have down thousands himself,besides he's an engineer as well as my son :thumb:

Anyone got any idea's why the pedal travel should/could increase

C

·
0 Posts
Does pedal still go hard when you pump it?

And before anyone starts no smutty comments

Peugeot Planet owner, Doncaster

·
6,422 Posts
Check flex hoses for swelling when pedal pressed maybe swinging up caliper to do pads finished off a failing flex hose

·
5,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes pedal still goes hard, and I dont think it a flexi pipe flexing as it's travel before anything happens

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
5,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well ive had a familiar 'clunk' for the last couple of days, got my youngest son to jack the car up and sure enough the n/s balljoint has lots of play so ive ordered a pair from ebay. Which reminds me, i never got a result on the long term test i was doing on the 2 different types of balljoint. I've opted for the ones without the rubber boot on this time

·
5,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well Kev (407xjr) and i have swapped cars for a day and he reckons the brakes on mine feel exactly the same as his, and as his was just Mot'd at the main stealers a couple of weeks ago all must be fine. Just a case of another paranoid 407 owner worrying about nowt.:rolleyes: I will find out in the morning what i think when i take Kev's car to work

·
5,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Balljoint fixered :cool:Thanks again for that Kev.
But my brakes definitely feel different to Kev's, but then again so did the gearchange,the handbrake, the heated rearscreen, the rev-limiter :eek: (just checking your reading this properly Kev,Honest :lol:)

·
Registered
394 Posts
I find my brake pedal to have quitea lot of travel in ccomparison to other cars I've driven and my old 307, never thought anything of it really, the stopers are pretty good, but new rear pads soon :D

·
Registered
909 Posts
You took it to the gov'ner :eek:
It was no problem doin bottom ball joint dad, had the apprentice (little bro) there makin brews and learnin.
For two 407's built within couple years of each other and even with same engines and trim levels they couldnt be more different. Pleased i have mine back tho :D

sent from my non apple product usin free autoguide.com

1 - 10 of 10 Posts