1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Brake Hold Function Using Electronic Parking Brake

Brake Hold: -
electric-parking-brake-1024x427.jpg
Brake Hold is pressed when the vehicle has stopped while still in the DRIVE mode of the automatic gearshift, it automatically holds the brakes. The driver is able to remove his or her foot from the brake pedal without the car rolling forward or backwards. Once the driver presses the gas pedal, the the vehicle automatically releases the brakes to allow the vehicle to start moving again. This feature is great for stop and go situation at traffic lights and heavy traffic congestion.

Peugeot 3008 does not have this Brake Hold button, but was told that the Electronic Parking Brake button can perform this same function.
Is it true?

This function is important to me as I am a handicap driver, who uses hand to control the brakes and acceleration pedals and its tiring to hold onto the brakes during traffic lights, especially in traffic congestion.
I have just booked the Peugeot 3008 1.2 Puretech EAT6 Allure, hope that I wasn't being misled.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Well, you can engage the electronic parking brake by pressing a button and it does indeed release automatically when you start moving.

I'm still not entirely sure if this is what you're looking for or something else?

·
Registered
420 Posts
Brake hold is not a button in the 3008 (or any other car I have driven/owned).

It is some kind of sensor inside the car that measures the angle the car has stopped in. If the angle is more than a specified value, then the car will automatically hold the brakes for either:

a) a few seconds before it will release and the car will start to roll, or
b) until you give enough throttle for the car to drive away

This functionality works in both drive and reverse.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, you can engage the electronic parking brake by pressing a button and it does indeed release automatically when you start moving.

I'm still not entirely sure if this is what you're looking for or something else?
Thanks Olli_tr, this is the feature that I am looking for.:thumb:
So on 'D' mode also can engaged the electronic parking brake while waiting for the traffic light to turn green.
Thankfully I have not been misled into committing the purchase.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Brake hold is not a button in the 3008 (or any other car I have driven/owned).

It is some kind of sensor inside the car that measures the angle the car has stopped in. If the angle is more than a specified value, then the car will automatically hold the brakes for either:

a) a few seconds before it will release and the car will start to roll, or
b) until you give enough throttle for the car to drive away

This functionality works in both drive and reverse.
Hi Agmuns, I think you are referring to Hill-Start Assist and not Brake Hold. Thanks anyway.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Hi Agmuns, I think you are referring to Hill-Start Assist and not Brake Hold. Thanks anyway.
Aha. Sorry, I thought that was what you ment :) It's called the same in my native language.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Brake Hold: -
View attachment 58033
Brake Hold is pressed when the vehicle has stopped while still in the DRIVE mode of the automatic gearshift, it automatically holds the brakes. The driver is able to remove his or her foot from the brake pedal without the car rolling forward or backwards. Once the driver presses the gas pedal, the the vehicle automatically releases the brakes to allow the vehicle to start moving again. This feature is great for stop and go situation at traffic lights and heavy traffic congestion.

Peugeot 3008 does not have this Brake Hold button, but was told that the Electronic Parking Brake button can perform this same function.
Is it true?

This function is important to me as I am a handicap driver, who uses hand to control the brakes and acceleration pedals and its tiring to hold onto the brakes during traffic lights, especially in traffic congestion.
I have just booked the Peugeot 3008 1.2 Puretech EAT6 Allure, hope that I wasn't being misled.
Yep. It works like charm. Tested with my dealer also when I test drive. Only available Parking brake button.

·
Registered
620 Posts
If the car is on a incline over a certain gradient, then it will automatically hold. However other gradients it will rollback a little.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Brake Hold Function using Electronic Parking Brake

Thanks for the additional info.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Sorry, another question:
When stopping at traffic lights the engine will stop running due to the Start/Stop feature, if I engage the electronic parking brake, will the engine restarts, automatically disengage the electric parking brake and move off when accelerator is depressed without doing any other thing?

·
Registered
544 Posts
Sorry, another question:
When stopping at traffic lights the engine will stop running due to the Start/Stop feature, if I engage the electronic parking brake, will the engine restarts, automatically disengage the electric parking brake and move off when accelerator is depressed without doing any other thing?
Hi Jyvonchi, yes that's what happens even on the Allure, which is what I've also got. Good eh?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
:thumb::thumb:
Really hope my 3008 arrives sooner.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I think what you are looking for is called "Auto Hold"
A must have option in Audi/VW.

for example, when you press the brake on a signal and the car completely stops, the parking brake will automatically engage so you don't have to do anything from your side ! also gets released again on pressing the accelerator.

I wish Peugeot had this feature.

·
Registered
420 Posts
I think what you are looking for is called "Auto Hold"
A must have option in Audi/VW.

for example, when you press the brake on a signal and the car completely stops, the parking brake will automatically engage so you don't have to do anything from your side ! also gets released again on pressing the accelerator.

I wish Peugeot had this feature.
How does that work with auto start/stop? Is the car off until you touch the accelerator?

·
Registered
6 Posts
If you briefly pressed the brake and raised your foot the parking brake will engage (Auto Hold) holding the car until pressing the accelerator again.

if you firmly pressed the brake and keep your foot on it, the Start/Stop
function intervenes and switches off the engine also the parking brake will engage to hold the car now if you raised your foot the engine will start but the Auto hold is still on.. press the accelerator the parking brake will disengage and the car will move off.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
If you briefly pressed the brake and raised your foot the parking brake will engage (Auto Hold) holding the car until pressing the accelerator again.

if you firmly pressed the brake and keep your foot on it, the Start/Stop
function intervenes and switches off the engine also the parking brake will engage to hold the car now if you raised your foot the engine will start but the Auto hold is still on.. press the accelerator the parking brake will disengage and the car will move off.
This is more than what I'm looking for, auto engaging parking brake while stopping at traffic!
Does our 3008s function this way?

1 - 20 of 45 Posts