Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Good people,

I am the latest newbie here, just took delivery of my Peugeot 406 1.8,SR,2000 over the weekend, and discovered that at the start of the engine, a "BRAKE FLUID LOW" sign appears and goes off within 5 seconds as well as an" ICE ALERT" sign with minus degrees figures(-3, or -5) when its really in the middle of summer here:lol:, and all goes off in few seconds.

Action:Checked the hood but the fluid level is still intact and no leakage!.

Could this be a computer display error or a potential brake problem?

Your advice and suggestions will be appreciated

Regards
FADA

G

·
0 Posts
Hi.

The 'risk of ice' warning is just a faulty outside air temperature sensor - its the little black bump below the left side mirror. Its an easy swap, just remove the mirror glass, replace the sensor ( wires can go anyway round ) and its done :thumb:

I'm not sure about the brake fluid low warning, but the handbrake switch can be problematic. This can be swapped with the light on/off switch in the glovebox as they are identical parts, just to eliminate it as faulty.

Welcome, by the way :D

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Think the 406 has CAN wiring and this can show faults incorrectly, our 807 displays ABS/ESR malfunction when the brake fluid level is low. I would check the level switch in the fluid reservoir is working OK.

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Surely these have self diagnostics at start up if the lights all go off after 5 seconds Is that an error or the end of the self test

·
Registered
928 Posts
Hi.

I'm not sure about the brake fluid low warning, but the handbrake switch can be problematic. This can be swapped with the light on/off switch in the glovebox as they are identical parts, just to eliminate it as faulty.

Ginger is correct,a faulty hand brake switch causes "brake fluid low" to come up.
Dont ask me why???
Lost count how many I`ve replaced,make sure its a genuine one from a Dealer as there is a mod one available.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Guys for your suggestions.
Still pondering on which test to carry out first to avoid creating more problem than expected. Will try to work through your suggestions...
Keep you guys posted.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts