Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
good afternoon!!! i have a peugeot 207 year 2011 which i need to change brake/clutch fluid. i can find the bleed nipple at front of gearbox on slave cylinder but its plastic and has no nut, before i start messing with things do i have to push the metal clip with pipe going in next to it so it opens the nipple?

·
6,551 Posts
That will just bleed clutch it should have two flats on it so it can be turned, brake ones are on each caliper they need to be soaked in penetrating oil as they can shear off quite easy

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeh know how to do brakes just not too sure on clutch system as always had bleed nipple with nut on to bleed, this type has a pipe with what looks like the type of connector simular too the plugs on 206 injectors with the metal clip that goes round it right next to nipple itself. thanks for the info. i have already done brake side of things not realising the clutch uses same resivour so will do clutch them brakes again. silly me.

·
Registered
5,916 Posts
I believe that while they use the same resevoir, there is a seperate secondary reservoir purely for the cluthc (or is it brakes or even both) so the clutch shouldn't affect the brakes if they are ok after already bleeding them.

I could be wrong but if the brakes feel fine after bleeding the clutch there should be no reason apart from peace of mind for re bleeding the brakes.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
its strange actualy as when i was doing the breaks i drained the resivior and filed with clean fluid but the back stayed full which i belive is the section for the clutch as i only have 1 lid on the resivior when bleeding i take it this will refill as i put more fluid in. i did notice that the tank sits on slight angle. the breaks are fine but really need to do clutch as fluid is very dirty.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts