Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
4,031 Posts
HI...I wouldnt worry... get rust spots on my cars discs after washing them...lol...The only car that didnt rust at all was my 1995 shogun...had it for 10 years..I believe its because of the high(not) quality of metal used ...probably from recycled fords.....good luck tho

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
I?ve had my car parked up for a couple of days as I?ve not needed to drive anywhere.

Noticed this morning rust on all 4 disks - this isn?t something I?ve ever noticed happening so quickly to any car before

What?s going on here?
That's normal on a Peugeot. And probably every other car I've owned..

Grumpy

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My Alfa... famed for its reliability and top quality parts, would only do this after a month of not moving (very rare).

Do Peugeot use a higher percentage of iron in their disks than other manufacturers?

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
My discs get very rusty really quickly. The silver hubs also have rings of rust around them. I had the same problem with my old Citroen DS5, and the dealer told me the materials the PSA group use are crap.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
But have the silver hubs also got rust on them Beau? Not as in your face as rusty discs, but it doesn't come off through use. Eventually they will probably need treating with rust remover, or wheels removed to sand and hammerite the silver paint on the hubs. Not nearly as bad as BMW's though.

·
Registered
70 Posts
rust

Was told by a skoda mechanic ( i took it in as mine was terrible for it and it detracted from the look of the car ) dont worry about it it happens to 99% of discs the time to worry is if i see it on a car it means the brakes are not working
didnt make me feel any better i pointed out that you never see it on showroom cars
effectively to cut a long chemical reaction short air + iron = rust
yea yea i know im telling you how to suck eggs but that is why there are alloy wheel cleaners that deal with "discarded rust" most of the crud on alloys is rust based from all the cars on the road with clean discs that have shed the ring of rust and dropped it on the tarmac

·
Registered
408 Posts
Maybe that's why they offer copper paint and copper stitching ? To go with the rust of the car ? :D :D :D

Joke apart, it does the same on my previous VW and current BMW, especially when I leave it at the airport for a week or so.
Just be careful for the first few brakes (it may not brake as good as usually) but you will be quickly ok.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts