Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I had my 206 serviced at an independent garage couple of months ago. They said my front brake discs were worn. On the service sheet they have wrote: O/SF 4.5mm N/SF 5.0mm, what does this mean? Should I be looking at getting new discs fitted now?

The garage did say that my brake pads were "mint" in their words. But I have no idea when they were last replaced as I only bought the car used end of last year.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Lee, I have just replaced the discs and pads on my 206 1.4 hdi sw. The parts cost from the dealer £120.00, not much when you consider the safety factor of having good brakes. if you cannot do them your self get your garage to replace the brake discs and pads, if you are doing them your self you will need a set of torx star sockets and a torque wrench. The torx sizes must include a TX55 and TX25. these hols the discs to the hubs and caliper to the hub. It is a fairly straight forward job. A haynes workshop manual might be a good investment. hope this helps cheers Nick

·
Registered
4,511 Posts
£120 :O thats a rip off mate, you can get the same quality and manufacturer parts for a quater of that.... unipart gave me a set of rear brake discs (come as pair) for £20 and pads for £4.50....exactly the same things as peugeot use, but stick ridiculus prices on them....

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The blue pug said:
Lee, I have just replaced the discs and pads on my 206 1.4 hdi sw. The parts cost from the dealer £120.00, not much when you consider the safety factor of having good brakes. if you cannot do them your self get your garage to replace the brake discs and pads, if you are doing them your self you will need a set of torx star sockets and a torque wrench. The torx sizes must include a TX55 and TX25. these hols the discs to the hubs and caliper to the hub. It is a fairly straight forward job. A haynes workshop manual might be a good investment. hope this helps cheers Nick
Thanks for that. I've been for two quotes to replace front discs & pads. One garage quoted £90 and the other £110. Think I'm going for the dearer one as I used them for my exhaust and I was happy with their work and customer service. I'm not really sure about doing them myself as I haven't really done anything mechanically with cars before but have been meaning to get a Haynes manual.

cck2k9 said:
£120 :O thats a rip off mate, you can get the same quality and manufacturer parts for a quater of that.... unipart gave me a set of rear brake discs (come as pair) for £20 and pads for £4.50....exactly the same things as peugeot use, but stick ridiculus prices on them....
The 206 has drums at the back.

Yeah I have seen the discs & pads at Euro Car Parts but I guess most of the price the garages quote is labour.

:)

·
Registered
4,511 Posts
so they say :lol: been in plenty of times, showed some cash and a credit card, and always get a good deal ;) anything to get some money to stay in business...another one to use is andrew page and eurocarparts...very similar in nature...i have found though that local motor factors are quite expensive but can price match and beat by 10% if you ask nicely ;)

so far i have found cheaper are:

brake disks and pads - Unipart
clutch kit - Eurocarparts
all types of filters - Unipart
Front Wheel Bearings - Andrew page and Unipart were exactly the same price.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts