Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bonjour boys, long time no see, just had interim service and was expecting this, when should i start thinking bout replacing the front discs? just started to lip they have pads am 50% so im thinking do both closer to xmas ? before bad weather? or will i get away with changing pad and discs at later date?.:confused:

Cheers

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
i was told discs typically need replacing every 2 pad changes...depending on pads of course (performance are harder and wear discs faster).

it also depends on how many miles you do in the car and what type of driving etc on when you should get them replaced.

being brakes and a safety item, i would start looking sooner rather than later, ie in the next 6 months on typical driving....but its always best to seek professional help on this.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well typical driving is 9k a year approx hardly get chance to put foot down being in the west mids so its start stop and occasionally get into 5th gear. So would a change of pads be sufficent this time and replace both next year ?

In yours opinion.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Right gonna change me discs and brakes want some recommendations for a better quality and longer lasting discs............thanks in advance.

Seen a mintex brake kit pads and discs on net 87 quid ?........

·
Registered
8 Posts
new pads and discs

today i just had my 60,000 service on my XSE EGS 1.6 HDI, JUST 2 YEARS OLD.
A TOSS UP WEATHER TO REPLACE PADS AND DISCS SO GOT IT DONE as anything that goes quick needs to stop safely.

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
mintex are pretty good from what i hear. i always say rule of thumb, dont go for cheap parts go mid range... i bought a set of pads from ecp as they are on discount at the time...pagids or something.

edit: just seen they are 30% off...us DP30 as voucher code.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts