Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,just set about changing front pads and discs but after splitting caliper have found caliper mounting bolts are some sort of torx head bolt.
Tried removing with an allen key but I'll round it off(sod's law)
Any idea on head size?
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
T55 torx bit, you will need the 1/2" drive one, halfrauds have them for about £4. Beware that they will be very, very tight.
Thanks for reply,are they "damn,I've sheared the bolt" tight?:(
or "you will go with a little persuation" tight?:)

·
Registered
909 Posts
are you familiar with the levels of tightness??
Damn tight
F*cking tight
and finally B*st*rd tight

They are going purple, almost needing toilet tight. Use your leg on a 1/2" drive ratchet or breaker bar

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
are you familiar with the levels of tightness??
Damn tight
F*cking tight
and finally B*st*rd tight

They are going purple, almost needing toilet tight. Use your leg on a 1/2" drive ratchet or breaker bar
Right,I'm gonna get a torx socket from Hellfords,empty swear box and wear some tight fitting undies....oh and make sure I've got plasters for knuckles.:thumb:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Just done mine mate. Tight is an understatement! T55 torx and a length of pipe did the job. I was lucky I had use of a friends ramp/lift coz it would have been a bugger on axle stands.

C

·
0 Posts
I always use a breaker bar as they are always F#(£!ng tight but if my access is poor ill use the long extension bar and a deep 17mm socket over the ratchet as an extension so you can get the edge off :cool:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts