Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, find myself needing to ask some questions if I may. Firstly is there a preferred sequence of brake bleeding on the 407?
Then, can you advise the steps for bleeding the abs system? Diag etc.
I am changing the master cylinder and will flush the whole system while im at it.
Thanks in advance, Brad :D

C

·
0 Posts
From what I've seen Chopper post on 407owners, he say's if you get air in abs block it will be dealer job as it's unlikley that you'll remove all the air.

But never done it so can't be sure but Chopper does know what he's on about:nod:

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks CAB I may pm him then. I heard its not straight forward that's why i asked. Think I may use a pressure unit on the reservoir or maybe one of those vacuum systems the other end if it will avoid getting air in.

C

·
0 Posts
Might be best

here's what he said on 407owners: It's likely you'll never get it bled fully without bleeding the ABS pump, and that requires plugging in at the dealers.

D

·
0 Posts
Bleeding needs to be done through Peugeot Planet alright.
Plus manually afterwards.

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks both, ill look in my diag for the bleed function first before doing it for real, as well as research it thoroughly. I'm beginning to feel very old with all this technology and get flash backs of Austin a35's and the like. Might get one next.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts