Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I have changed my master cylinder on my expert 1.9 05 and need to bleed the brakes but cant find a spanner to fit, I know this sounds stupid but I don't have a huge tool kit . I went in to town earlier ( 40 mile drive) to buy a couple of spanners thinking it was either 7 or 8 mm but the 7 is to small and 8 to big so kinda frustrating, not to mention the b****y car decided to play up on the way home but that's another story lol. So if anyone has any idea what size I need I would be Very grateful.

·
Registered
885 Posts
Well,its either one or the other.
As you are using new spanners all I can think is its a worn and rounded 8mm nipple?
Remove the nipple with grips and fit a new one.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nipples look in really good condition does not look like a spanner has ever been near them , this why I am have such a problem.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
It turns out it had been changed for a random one as the other 3 are all 8 mm tried to get mole grips on it by disconnecting the brake pipe but that's no good as once they are on I cant turn them lol as there are to many obstacles, (its the rear drivers side), I tried a 5/16 spanner which I was told would be between 7 mm and 8 mm and that was still to big but not as big as the 8 mm.

·
Registered
885 Posts
Plenty of tools on the market to do the job,from a pair of "mini moles" to this kit.
Expensive, but a handy kit for future jobs ?

I hope this random nipple had the correct thread? I would get a new set of genuine Peugeot nipples,plenty of brake grease and be sure it screws in with ease.

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts