Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I have a problem on the 2002 2.8 hdi boxer. The handbrake cable snapped but I have replaced it now. Today while parking on a big hill my hand brake stuck on and van wouldn't move drove slowly and it freed up. But while driving home it locked on really bad and handbrake is hard to pull up. Can the shoes be locking up in the drums. I know the boxer has discs and pads on the back too. I am new to the boxer. But I am pretty good with a spanner and can do most things on the van. Just need to know where to look.
Many thanks in advance

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
Hi I have a problem on the 2002 2.8 hdi boxer. The handbrake cable snapped but I have replaced it now. Today while parking on a big hill my hand brake stuck on and van wouldn't move drove slowly and it freed up. But while driving home it locked on really bad and handbrake is hard to pull up. Can the shoes be locking up in the drums. I know the boxer has discs and pads on the back too. I am new to the boxer. But I am pretty good with a spanner and can do most things on the van. Just need to know where to look.
Many thanks in advance
While on the flat with engine off and in gear and a brick either side of front wheels, have someone take hand brake off and put back on and see if the cable moves on the disc if it does and the leaver on the caliper does not move then it's the caliper sticking if the cable does not move then pull it when handbrake is off and if it feels stiff it's the cable

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
While on the flat with engine off and in gear and a brick either side of front wheels, have someone take hand brake off and put back on and see if the cable moves on the disc if it does and the leaver on the caliper does not move then it's the caliper sticking if the cable does not move then pull it when handbrake is off and if it feels stiff it's the cable
Hi thanks took the rear wheels off and found the brake shoes knackered and also the fittings was broke for shoes. Fitted new shoes and fittings. Touch wood all good now.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts