Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I am new to this forum and to Peugeot,
I have recently purchased an old boxer which has started to display steering problems, after making a 90 degree turn to the left the steering pulls to the left, then if i make a similar turn right it pulls to the right, it seems to slowly correct itself after a few miles on a straight road, a mechanic friend has checked the wheel bearings and they are fine, any ideas? thanks for reading

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Thanks

Many thanks David, any idea of the likely cost of this, here in the middle of Farnce the labour is cheap but parts expensive

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hi
Had similar problem on boxer and it turned out to be the top front suspension bearing and mounting seizing up, when they turned they did not want to turn back to the straight position as the mounts and bearing were knackered.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Did you ever get this sorted? My 2001 Boxer has just started with the same issue, was fine until I parked it up and left it unused for 10 days, now has the exact symptoms you described. Any advice would be appreciated, thanks.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hi mine was 1995. As reliable 406 says bearing and probably mount needs replaced. Just as a check to find which side is affected, get an aerosol of motorcycle chain lube, jack up side you suspect and using long plastic straw spray into top of strut. Take it for test run and if problem still there then do other side. It gave me a temporary solution for 500 + miles until I got the van home to replace mount and bearing.
Cheers and good luck.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Yep that should do it but if you are going to be a little while before you get organised to get it replaced then WD40 wears off pretty quickly whereas chain lube will keep it free for ages.

Cheers
Billy

1 - 10 of 10 Posts