Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys ive got a 2007 Boxer van to work on and it runs rough and bellows out smoke.

I've unplugged each injector in turn and it seems number 3 is not doing anything, whether it's the injector or the cylinder at fault idk. The smoke is thick white/blue and it just doesn't clear not even when the engine is warm. My obd scanner said all 4 injector circuits were open (obviously as i unplugged them).

What should I be looking at doing now?

I am a qualified mechanic but I don't do diesels lol! :lol:

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
hi guys ive got a 2007 Boxer van to work on and it runs rough and bellows out smoke.

I've unplugged each injector in turn and it seems number 3 is not doing anything, whether it's the injector or the cylinder at fault idk. The smoke is thick white/blue and it just doesn't clear not even when the engine is warm. My obd scanner said all 4 injector circuits were open (obviously as i unplugged them).

What should I be looking at doing now?

I am a qualified mechanic but I don't do diesels lol! :lol:
http://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/introductions-28/brief-faq-guide-new-members-83170/

white/blue smoke is burning engine oil could be turbo, valve stem seal or damaged piston/liner

have you had a compression test done

you never said what engine it is

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
Yeah sorry that would help lol, it's a 2.2 hdi so no turbo. Litterally smoking and running rough I don't know where to begin so I suggested a fuel filter change.

You think a compression test is needed then?
have a read of that link as I would subject having a look at live data in planet

1 - 4 of 4 Posts