Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Grateful for any help anyone can give.

I have a 2013 2.2hdi Peugeot Boxer, its a second van so isn't used much but always starts without issue even after being left for a while...it was started just under a month ago no problem, went to start it yesterday and it was dead so thought it was probably the battery. Charged the battery only took 4 hours to charge so it obviously wasn't empty, lights etc all working no issues but it wont turn over, I can hear the relays kicking in but the starter motor doesn't click? Have checked battery cables - all ok, fuses under the bonnet and next to steering wheel all ok and have even changed the battery in the key fob.

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
I'd check the cables to the starter motor next. A few times I have fixed vehicles with similar symptoms by putting the small wire to the solenoid back after it had fallen off.
And double check all the earth connections you can get to.

Roger.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'd check the cables to the starter motor next. A few times I have fixed vehicles with similar symptoms by putting the small wire to the solenoid back after it had fallen off.
And double check all the earth connections you can get to.

Roger.
Thanks Roger, I have double checked the earths and even put a meter on from the battery to the chasses and it all reads fine. I have had a quick feel underneath where the starter motor is and everything seemed to be ok I'll have another in depth look tomorrow, its a right rigmarole to get to on the boxers...hopefully it'll be something simple.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts